Ayie
There is one simple way that you can improve the security of your home, and it is by keeping the shades down. There are plenty of homes with ADT, but shutting your shades helps to make sure your life is private. This may seem very simple, but the truth is that keeping your shades or blinds down in your home restricts what outsiders view of your home. I have discovered that pulling the shades down and keeping blinds closed has acted as a great addition to my home security alarm system. If you have not done so already, I highly recommend that you try out this tip to increase the feeling of safeness in your home.

Many people do not realize that keeping blinds open can invite a whole host of uninvited guests into your home. You are giving people the invitation or ticket to viewing what goes on inside of your home. Instead, you should try to be conscious of your own security and be proactive in making your home feel more secure. Many people complain that their homes feel so unsafe, yet they do not realize that they are actually making it feel that way. All too often, people leave blinds open and doors unlocked. However, to increase the security of your home you need to be conscious that these small acts influence the security of your home. Take steps to increase the security of your home today by closing blinds and keeping shades down.

Thanks to Reed Fowler for the guest blog entry

Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
5 Responses
  1. I have this kind of problem. I don't like to close my windows or put my curtains down. Hehehe


  2. betchai Says:

    great tip,Ayie, also, in the summer, keeping shades down yet with outside windows open help in cooling the house.


  3. lina Says:

    I like my windows open wide during the day and when I'm at home, but I definitely pull down the shades at night and when I'm not at home.


  4. rainfield61 Says:

    That's in fact a good idea which I am practising now. I am as clever as you.


  5. great tips and thanks for the eye-opening post.


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page