Ayie
Who likes the show Desperate Housewives? I admit I never really watched it except for one controversial insult Teri Hatcher's character threw to the Philippines medical schools. She was disagreeing with the doctor like teach the teacher scenario about her condition. Do you know what I'm talking about? In case you don't know about it, I embedded a video clip from that particular episode so just see and tell me what you think about it.


This episode angered most Filipinos that time it was aired. It's indeed a big insult and very blunt statement degrading the credibility of my homeland's medical schools and practitioners. You know what's ironic with this comment? If you were to check hospitals and any other medical facilities here in US, you'd see Filipinos everywhere. Don't think they are just maintenance people but mostly nurses and even some doctors. Just like where I gave birth to baby J, we even made friends with the Filipina nurse who admitted me that night.

Even before this episode came out there's a big demand for Filipino medical practitioners here and in other countries as well. Many doctors and nurses left their jobs to go to the foreign land. Others took consultant interview course, medical management courses and other further studies to be eligible to work abroad. Whether they took any other studies or been through consultant interview it doesn't really matter. Nobody has the right to degrade other professional's credibility just because he or she feels so superior above all.
Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
7 Responses
  1. Tekkaus Says:

    I hate the drama desperate housewives. Only desperate people watch them. :/


  2. Mummy Gwen Says:

    I love watching Desperate Housewives. I don't remember this scene though. It should be the script writer's fault eh.


  3. betchai Says:

    i do not watch Desperate Housewives Ayie, somewhat, I find it over dramatized and I could not take their non-sensical over-acting to things. But then, I do not watch a lot of TV really. Yes, they are very careless with the scripting in this dialogue.


  4. Merryn Says:

    i love watching DH... and NO Tekkaus, I'm not desperate :(


  5. [SK] Says:

    don't really watch any drama or series.. even those popular ones like Desperate Housewives, Sex and The City, Ugly Betty or even X Files.. just can't really sit patiently in front of the TV, haha~~


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Great post, hope you're compensated for this..They rejected me three times!


  7. I seldom watch this series, not my cup of tea. :)


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page