Ayie


There are days when I feel like spoiling hubs so much most especially before baby came. I had more time to do things before and can take all the time to cook whenever I feel like cooking. Though I still get to prepare good and healthy dishes for us, I just don't have the luxury of time to cook in longer period. Before I can take hours if I want to prepare something very special but now I have to do that special dish or dishes in a snap.



Hubs love onion rings so one time I thought of making homecooked onion rings, potato and carrot fries. I made the breading with a mixture of Masa (corn flour), mexican bread crumbs, salt, pepper, lemon pepper and all spice. The beaten egg helped added flavor and kept the fritters nicely coated. I used olive oil for frying, at least a healthier option for oily indulgence.



Now that I'm looking at the photos of the fritters, it's making me hungry! I don't have yet the amount of time to do this dish again because as you all know I am taking care of our precious baby full-time. Perhaps when baby's bigger and ready to try mommy's fritters then I'll find the time to make this once again for all of us to enjoy.




Hubs also loves bread so I see to it I balance our carbs with rice, pasta, noodles and bread. Whenever we have this kind of bread I see to it I try to make a special filling to go with this tasty and crusty-licious bread.



Hubs would usually order tri-tip for sandwich so I thought making a roastbeef cheeseteak style sandwich will delight him. All I needed was a nice chunk of beef and marinated it with soy sauce, worcestershire, A1 steak sauce, pinch of sugar, salt, pepper and steak spices. I drizzled it with olive oil and just pan roasted. Cheese need not to be a special kind, it's just a regular quick melt. I had to use whatever I have in my kitchen. This is how I do fastfood my way =)


Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
19 Responses
  1. lina Says:

    everything sure looks yummy, Ayie.

    Maybe hubby can spend time with baby for you to spend more time in the kitchen cooking all those yummy but laborious food for the family, one time?


  2. Bonjour sweetie!
    wow it looks so delicious, thanks so much for teaching my mommy, for sure she will try it here!
    Enjoy your Sunday
    purrs and love
    Luna and mommy Léia


  3. Pete Says:

    Wah, homemade onion rings, looks good!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    They look delicious, Ayie! I will take these fast food over other any day.


  5. Carver Says:

    That all looks like delicious food.


  6. foongpc Says:

    So this is fast food your way!! Haha!! Hope you'll get more time to cook for your family soon : )


  7. suituapui Says:

    Yum! Yum! That certainly looks like something to die for! Drool! Drool! No time? Maybe you can have a look at some of the things I cook - simple, yet nice...but dunno whether you can get the ingredients where you are. If it's a lot of work, don't expect me to cook - I'm basically so very lazy! LOL!!!


  8. Diane AZ Says:

    Your fast food looks fun and yummy, I'm sure hubby enjoyed it!


  9. mimi Says:

    uhh..i like your homemade sndwich..would love to do that one day since my hub also really love eating sandwich..better do more since i am not attach to a baby huh? hehe


  10. what a delicious spread of food.


  11. levian Says:

    you had my mouth watered just by scrolling through the photographs.
    your hub is a lucky man!


  12. Bengbeng Says:

    now that baby is here, maybe he should share some of yr chores more. :) there r bound to be lots of changes ahead


  13. [SK] Says:

    simple but looks nice though, and definitely a lot healthier..


  14. zakkalife Says:

    I like how you just use whatever you have on hand to cook with. That's a good skill to have.


  15. wenn Says:

    well, with baby around, we hv to cut short cooking time..


  16. Dora Says:

    Homemade sandwich is healthy & I think your hubby will order from u every morning :-) And I love the fried onion rings!


  17. Mummy Gwen Says:

    Wah Ayie, your version of fastfood is absolutely delish. The fried onions and stuff make me hungry too..hehe.


  18. Mariuca Says:

    U are a great cook Ayie! :)


  19. Mariuca Says:

    I really love that onion rings, bet it tasted yummy! oh my..hungry hippo too now!!


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page