Ayie
As a continuation to my previous post "Missing Summer Fun" I gathered some photos of the family during our island hopping trip before we left home (migration). I mentioned about pools, the hot springs of Laguna is what I miss most. It's been so cold here lately I always bundle up to keep myself warm. No wonder I'm missing the hot springs that much.



Our island escapade was not really on a hot summer season but just right after new year. It wasn't the planned date to go to the Hundred Islands but we had to take advantage of the last weekend of the Christmas break. Everybody goes back to work, school and commitments. and there's no other time left. All that was needed was an OK from me and my husband to make the trip work.



Destination: Hundred Islands @ Alaminos, Pangasinan (Philippines)
Travel time: 4-5 hrs

Stop over: McDonald's Tarlac City (our little girl had to do her stuffs and grab a bite)




...Elisse so excited and all smiles...
Of course I have the camera on hand to capture this little girl's excitement.

Our stop over was just halfway our destination and it's still a long way to go. After we all finished our business there, we gathered back in the car and hit the road. About another 1-2hrs, we arrived at the main port area. To our surprise, there were many tourists and that means competition! Worrying about a place to stay since we didn't have any reservation, mom dragged me to go with her to check the tourist information area. We inquired for the port hotel facility and luckily a family just checked out in a room that can accommodate us all. Somebody actually booked for that room already but never confirmed...mom and I did our magic and there, we got a nice big room for the family. The hotel admin helped us with the boat rental so it wasn't a big deal at all. Almost lunchtime, everybody's hungry and some locals were selling freshly caught live crabs. Dad bought a bucket full of crabbies and had it cooked there by the eating stalls. I'd love to share this part of the story but no photos this time. I'll leave it all up to your imagination! I was anticipating the crab feast that's why no cameras allowed (can't eat crabs and take pictures the same time, haha). Seafood is what I love most in island trips.



...Elisse's first ever boat ride! She loved it!...

Governor's Island, the first stop.

Finally the boat docked and we had our feet wet walking to the shore. The water was cold but tolerable. Can't really expect it to be nice and warm on a chilly holiday season. What's there to see on this island? The perfect view! This island has the highest peak of all islands with a view deck about 100 steps to the top giving the most view of the islands. I never really counted it so i wouldn't know if it's true whatever the "bangkero" (boat operator) told us. There's another surprise when you reach the top...an ice cream vendor. Who wouldn't want a cold ice cream after a sweaty climb?





...our family snaps...



...Elisse couldn't resist to play, she ran to the water...






Next stop, the Children's Island.

Having a long stretch of low tide shore, this island was named ideally good for children. You can actually go so far from the shore and still the water's only up to your waist. Sounds too good to leave your kids playing in the water? Nah, not a good idea. The current gets quite strong at some point and the sandy bottom has a lot of spikey broken corals. Best way to enjoy without getting all the ouch is to wear a swim shoes. We stayed for a while just to ease Elisse's swim hype.



...Look, I'm floating!...

Finally after those two islands, off to Quezon Island which was our last stop.

The package we got for the boat was just 3 islands, it would be so tiring for our little girl to do so much island hopping. Three for a start was good enough for her. Most of the photos were taken here. We spent more time and he rest of the afternoon there eating meals in between. Some people were there also but not that crowded for us to settle there.



...everybody's busy, so am I with the camera!...



...Sitting on her throne, too bad she messed up the handrests...



...It's Banyang, the rabbit! Sis made a sand bunny for Elisse...



...We (yes, I'm part of the team) burried kuya (older brother) in the sand, had to make it fast or else Elisse will throw a fit...



...And she did! Look at her crying, she was so mad that we burried her dad (she thought he's dead). After Elisse uncovered kuya (with our help...yeah after I burried him I couldn't bear to see my niece crying so bad), dad and sis trying to throw some sand to her feet and she got really mad. I'm so proud of you baby, I keep telling you to be tough so when I leave I know you'll be fine. We had a very good laugh at the expense of this poor 2yr old. Sorry baby, hehe...






...After calming Elisse, we just enjoyed the rest of the day swimming...



...I love seeing them so happy and having fun...

...a night to remember...

This concludes our trip. It was fun and very memorable. I thank my parents for taking the time and effort to make this trip work for us so we can have some fresh memories to carry on our flight.
Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
54 Responses
  1. Dear Ayie!
    I have tears of joy now because your post today is so adorable and full of beautiful feelings!
    Wonderful trip !This place is really Magical!Glad to see you had a perfect time there.
    Sweet Elisse is a real pearl for this family, she is "the star"in these pictures!She is lovely!Fabulous pictures!
    Great story and full of love!
    Many thanks for sharing!
    God bless you
    Léia


  2. Ayie Says:

    I never thought you'd be so moved with this post, thank you so much Leia!

    It was a wonderful trip and was our first there too except mom and dad. Elisse enjoyed the trip so much and didn't want to go home.

    I Truly appreciate your very kind words and deep appreciation of the post. Take care!


  3. levian Says:

    this is such a lovely place! am so very glad you were having precious time with your family. she sure knew how to stick up for her family at such a young age.
    btw, which one is you? :)


  4. Ayie Says:

    No joke Levian, you can't spot who am I there? =(

    Perhaps your guess?

    Really great place to visit, it's fun going island hopping. This experience will always be remembered by everybody in the family.

    Have you checked out the bunny chocs you were requesting to see? It's there in Easter Basket and my pix in Captured in B&W +D


  5. Carver Says:

    Great post. Looks like so much fun and what beautiful islands to go island hopping on.


  6. Ayie Says:

    Thanks Carver, we really had fun. This is just one of the nearest islands to go but there are better islands to visit. It will soon be posted here too.


  7. levian Says:

    i wad kinda hoping to get the link to view it.
    my bad, i never really had a chance
    to take a good look at you.
    as for friendster, i was in n out of it,
    just to accept the friend requests.
    can you point me to it? :)


  8. what a great escapade. the views are simply remarkable. it's great to see you guys cheering and laughing and having a great time. as always, your niece is such an adorable kid.


  9. Hello again dear Ayie!
    You've been tagget by Luna!
    For my details, please visit Luna's blog ( www.weloveluna.blogspot.com)
    Have a lot of fun!
    Luna and mommy Léia


  10. Bengbeng Says:

    such a previlege for us to share yr happy day at the beach. the pics r beautiful..awesome indeed


  11. Mummy Gwen Says:

    Wow..very nice trip. You have such a fun family. Love the pics. Elisse is really adorable.


  12. Ayie Says:

    Levian, sorry i missed to give you the links. Just click on the post titles on the upper right side bar (under previous posts) and it will lead you to the post. If you scroll down the entire page you'd still get to see it all here. I also don't get to check friendster that much, only when I have messages and that's it.


  13. Ayie Says:

    Thanks Ramblings, your little girl is also very adorable. Nice chinky eyes and cute cheeks!

    It was a very nice experience, the place, laughs and time we all spent together.


  14. Ayie Says:

    Hi Leia and Luna, I'll work on it later. Thanks for the tag. I already checked it out. Have a great day!


  15. Ayie Says:

    Thank you so much Bengbeng, glad you liked it.


  16. Ayie Says:

    Hi Mummy Gwen, thanks for the visit and the compliments! It was a nice trip that the whole family enjoyed. Gwen is also so cute!


  17. betchai Says:

    beautiful pictures ayie, your niece is so adorable and pretty. i have never been to hundred islands, i actually have not explored all of luzon. nice to see that part of the philippines through your photos.


  18. A fun day with the family! Your niece is soooo cute! I want to pinch her chubby cheeks. hehe.....


  19. levian Says:

    i saw it! i finally saw it!
    they are so adorable!
    oh yes, i want to bite them, very very much! XD
    at the same time, i get to see more of you.
    now i know which one is you. ;)
    neither do i check friendster a lot.
    there are quite a lot of spams going in there.
    have you an account in facebook? :)


  20. roentare Says:

    This is an amazing set of images with so many gorgeous looking photos.

    Phillipine seems like a paradise to visit and I would definitely visit the place one day


  21. lina Says:

    Everyone sure looked happy and carefree in your photos.

    Make me wish I was there too. :)


  22. Ayie Says:

    Betchai, I also never explored much of your region. What is it again? Negros? I remember your negros occidental photo, it's beautiful! I only explored some major islands there in the Visayas and soon I'll be sharing that too. I'm more than happy to share with you our homeland's great places. Thanks for my niece's compliments. I miss that girl!

    Have a good Friday!


  23. Ayie Says:

    Hi ECL,it was indeed a very fun-filled day for the family. I love caressing my niece's cheeks, she gets mad whenever I pinch her cheeks so it has to be gentle. She's the one who always pinches my cheeks, isn't it unfair? Remembering it makes me miss her more...


  24. Ayie Says:

    Wow Levian, you finally figured out! Do I look the same in all photos or maybe not? hehe

    No facebook for me, just friendster and multiply. You can always leave me a message there or email if you need to converse with anything.


  25. Ayie Says:

    Roentarre, thanks! Glad you like my shots! Yey!!!

    There's a lot of nice places most especially islands there in the Philippines plus great food. I can assure you of a nice visit.


  26. Ayie Says:

    Hi Lina! Thanks for the visit. That's a sentimental trip for the family for our upcoming despedida (send-off).

    Perhaps you can fly there in The Philippines and enjoy the islands too. =D


  27. Superman Says:

    Really nice to see that you were having so much fun with your family on an outing. Nice photos taken and so lively. Really make us who read it feel the joy you and your family are having.


  28. Ayie Says:

    Hi Superman, I'm happy that you felt my joy through this post. It's not easy being away from the family for the first time living on the other side of the world. At least through this post, I feel them closer.

    Thanks for the compliments, I love snapping photos all the time. It captures the best moments possible.

    Have a good weekend!


  29. Tekkaus Says:

    Amazing! This is my first time here and I can already feel the warmness of your blog. This whole family outing really melts my heart. :D


  30. Tekkaus Says:

    I mean what else could be happier than spending time with your precious someone. I wish I could play with my children to one day...after I have one or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5! Haha :D


  31. Ayie Says:

    Tekkaus, you're here! Should I welcome you? Oh well, welcome! ahaha, thanks for the visit and the compliments. Is this also part of your tasks to finish?

    Spending precious moments with family and loved ones are those most treasured times.

    Speaking of children, just go for it! hehe


  32. lina Says:

    Ayie,
    I might just do that! (Fly to Phillipines, I mean). The company I worked with are planning to open a budget hotel in Manila... so I can take advantage of a cheap hotel stay in the future. :)


  33. betchai Says:

    HI Ayie, yes, I from Negros Occidental. I think I added one picture from Negros in yesterday's post, but I still have to make a post about our places too, problem is, I still have to find a way how to scan some of my pictures :) (you know, the old way before where we use film) hehe.


  34. foongpc Says:

    Wow! What a nice time you all had! The photos said it all! : )


  35. levian Says:

    i will keep to the blogs. lately had been following your photo journal n food design blogs rather closely. :p btw, new theme! a very soothing feeling it has. :D


  36. Ayie Says:

    Lina, that will be nice go for it! There are so many budget hotels there in the Philippines also flights are a lot cheaper now if it's Asian trips. I have some other islands to post, perhaps you can check your preference there.


  37. Ayie Says:

    Betchai, I also have photos that I want to post but too much work with the scanning. I had been taking pics since i was a kid so I have this big photo collection. You must be loving your place here near the beach since Negros has beautiful waters.


  38. Ayie Says:

    Foong, I'm glad you felt our joy through the photos. It was very nice there with the whole family (my side of family).


  39. Ayie Says:

    Thanks Levian! It's nice to know you're enjoying the blogs.

    We had some time to change the template and I chose this one to give a journal look since this is more of a personal blog.


  40. Monica Says:

    Wow...I love your blog's new look, Ayie!


  41. Monica Says:

    omg... Elisse is so adorable and I feel like hugging her!!! I love babies :-D
    btw, which one is you Ayie? ;-)


  42. Ayie Says:

    Hi Monica, I was there enjoying your blog and not aware that you're here.

    Thanks, glad you like the new look. Time for a change!

    I miss our little Elisse, she's so huggable! I used to hug her so tight before to a point that she gets annoyed. haha! It's nice to know that you love babies too, I'm wishing so much to have one soon.

    Can you make a guess who am I there? =D


  43. levian Says:

    cool choice!
    since there are plenty of photographs of the
    scenery n people.
    it makes it very comfortable to look at.
    you must have give it quite a though. :)


  44. Ayie Says:

    Levian, I usually have something in mind already before I look for templates so when I see it, I know that's it. Sometimes it's just so hard to choose because there's so much designs and it's hard to decide.


  45. levian Says:

    tell me about it.
    that was the exact reason i ended up choosing
    a simple white background design,
    just so i can expand it the way i wanted it as time goes along. :p


  46. Ayie Says:

    You can never go wrong with white! It's a nice choice, so much room for expansion and revisions. =) How was your weekends? We had a Monday holiday that's why only now I'm back blogging. hehe


  47. levian Says:

    monday holiday as in memorial day?
    or is the week off at your place on sunday + monday?


  48. Ayie Says:

    It's a memorial day holiday dearie. Monday no work! Yipee!! The week feels shorter! It's almost friday....


  49. levian Says:

    ah, we don't have that holiday here.
    but it will be holiday next monday & tuesday.
    a festive season for one of the tribes.
    it sure is fun having the day off. :p


  50. Monica Says:

    Hi Ayie! hmmm...are u the sexy lady with spectacles? ;-)


  51. Ayie Says:

    Wow Levian, another holiday there! I miss my homeland when it comes to holidays...we have lots there and here, how I wish!

    Will you be attending or seeing some of the festivities for that day there?


  52. Ayie Says:

    Monica, you're right with the specs! Yey! My eyes are bad (375-400), can't enjoy much without it. The sexy description...i guess many would disagree! *lol*

    Goodnight there dearie!


  53. Mariuca Says:

    I'm here Ayie! WOW, such a beautiful post Ayie! I can tell from ur words and pictures that it was indeed a memorable vacation for all.. and ur cutie is so adorable, I'd be missing her dearly too. Love and hugs for you sweetie. :):):)


  54. Ayie Says:

    There you are Mariuca! That's so sweet of you, thanks for the love and hugs (and back to you too)! Finally you see my cutie. That was a memorable vacation, my husband and I left after nearly end of the month. Thanks for coming over to check!


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page