Ayie
Pools, beaches, family outings, fun, fun, fun... I miss all of these! Don't get me wrong, I'm also enjoying spring here but how can I not miss everything I grew up with all these years?

...Mom, Dad, Sis & Elisse...
See that long scar on Dad's chest?
That seals the memories of his painful bypass surgery
last January 2008.
I'm glad he did it!

Where's kuya?

Like what I've said on my previous post Easter Prayers, our family goes to the hot springs at least once during the summer season. Why hot springs on a hot humid summer? That's for health reasons:
  • Data show that hot hot bath can not only muscle, joint laxity, the elimination of fatigue; can expand blood vessels, promote blood circulation and accelerate the body metabolism.
  • In addition, the majority of hot springs are rich in chemical substances, on the human body have some help. For example, calcium carbonate hot springs to improve the physique, the restoration of a significant physical role; and hot springs rich in calcium content, potassium, radon and other components of the adjustment of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, the treatment of diabetes, gout, neuralgia, arthritis, etc. have a certain effect; and sulfur Stephen keratinocytes may be softening, sodium elements have the effect of bleaching the skin to soften.
...Sis, Dad and Elisse having fun in the hot pool...
The water looks dark because of the natural mountain rocks
for the pool flooring.
Better than tiles!
That's a natural hot spring water from "Mount Makiling".

I love the soothing effect on my tired muscles and my entire body. Nothing beats a very natural way of relaxation and healing. I'd love to go to the hot springs here but where? The nearest hot springs here is in Sierraville, about 245miles away and 4hr long drive (one-way). Not worth for a day trip, it would be better if we'll get to stay for 2 to 3 days at least. Quite impossible, there's work to attend to. I guess the best that I can do is just to soak in the bath tub with warm water and mineral bath salt.

...Our little Elisse...
Isn't she so adorable?

My family managed to keep the tradition (first time without me). They went to the grotto early morning then drove all the way to the hot springs. My sister shared the photos one time we chatted so I have some fond memories of their outing.



....to be continued

Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
22 Responses
  1. Dear Ayie!
    Many thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures!
    Your family is so beautiful and Elisse is growing up so fast, isn't she! She is really a blessing!
    I can understand you about miss these precious moments.
    God bless you
    Take care
    Léia


  2. Ayie Says:

    Thank you so much Leia for your very kind words. You're right, Elisse is growing up so fast! I used to carry and cradle her to sleep and sing lullaby. She would always barge into my room and drag me to justplay or take care of her.

    You take care too!


  3. betchai Says:

    thanks for sharing your family photo, you are so right about having a hot spring bath, it is so luxurious. i too, miss a lot of what our home country has to offer, aside from family.


  4. Ayie Says:

    Honestly at first I didn't want to post any personal photos but that loses the point of making this photojournal. This is my way of keeping myself in touch with my roots and family most especially. Hopefully I can go for a visit next year. =D

    Thanks Betchai!


  5. Carver Says:

    Wonderful photographs of your family. Looks like so much fun in the water. Thank you so much for your comments on my blogs. I appreciated it so much.


  6. Ayie Says:

    Hi Carver, thanks! They had a lot of fun that day. Your visit is also very much appreciated.


  7. Superman Says:

    They are having so much fun. I never been to a hot springs before. It must be fun as seen from the happy smile from your family members.


  8. Ayie Says:

    You should try it Superman. It's a bit burning on the first touch of hot water but as you stay longer, your body will adapt with the temperature. The most fun part is everybody being there. Thanks for the visit, you're always welcome here.


  9. what great captures of your family. and Elisse is such a sweetie pie.

    Just remember the precious moments you had with them and keep that with you forever in your heart. My happy thoughts are with you. :)


  10. Bengbeng Says:

    The little girl Elisse is very cute. U got a great family


  11. Ayie Says:

    Life Ramblings, thanks so much for the kindest words. I truly appreciate it. They will always be with me!

    I love that girl! She's so cute and naughty..hehe Auntie knows best!


  12. Ayie Says:

    Bengbeng,welcome to my blog! Thanks for the compliments and the visit. Yup, Elisse is a cutie (proud Auntie)!


  13. TH Says:

    wow very nice pics! thumbs up!


  14. foongpc Says:

    You all seemed to have an enjoyable time! But where's your photo? Little Elisse is very cute! : )


  15. Ayie Says:

    TH, thanks so much! I miss them all...


  16. Ayie Says:

    Aha foong, you didn't read!

    It was titled missing summer fun because I miss being with them on this occasion. That's why we're not around, none of my photos. It will be there on the next post. This year is my first not being with them with the family outing tradition on holy week.

    Yey, I knew you'd say Elisse is cute! doesn't she resemble her aunt...ahem... =D


  17. levian Says:

    she sure love to pose! she is like a little beauty pageant all by herself. XD


  18. Ayie Says:

    Some poses were instructed by dad and my sis, I bet they had so much fun playing with her poses. Now you know why I'm crazy about this girl. Isn't she so pretty?!


  19. zakkalife Says:

    Looks like you all had a fun time. Elisse looks so cute. And she's even posing, sweet.


  20. Ayie Says:

    They all had fun, my only joy is to see all their photos. Hopefully I'll get to see them again next year for a visit. Elisse loves to pose when she's in the mood. Thanks for the visit Kawaii Crafter.


  21. levian Says:

    she is indeed!
    she has it all seemed so natural flowing off her.
    i can totally understand why you are crazy with her.
    who wouldn't! :D


  22. Ayie Says:

    Levian but when this girl isn't in the mood for any pictures she's the worst of all, so grumpy! hahaha! just remembering makes me really laugh!


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page