Ayie


Last week I announced baby J's baptismal and I'd like to update you all about it. The baptismal went well and our attendees were just the family members of hubs. As you all know my family is not here so that leaves me "alone" on this special occasion. We sent out invitation to my godfather and godmother there in LA but due to work schedule they didn't make it. I was hoping they could come so I can have them as my parents' representative. Oh well, can't blame them because I know how busy it is here.



Here are some photos for last Sunday's event, with our little prince who looked so cute in his baptismal outfit given by his godmother. I am not posting anymore any of those "not so happy looking" photos which were criticized by my bestfriend after seeing it. Don't get me wrong about not being so happy, I was very happy that finally our son's being baptized. Just the thought that I don't have any of my family members with me to celebrate our very special family occasion made me feel a bit empty. I know if this is just as near as other Asian countries then my family will be back and forth visiting us here, unfortunately we're on the opposite side of the globe.



The three of us woke up early that day to prepare ahead so we won't be late. Since baby came I've been late to most of our appointments. I used to be the on-time and early bird but now it all changed, baby's dictating our time. It was harder when he was younger but so far it's getting better. Schedule wise he's keeping up with us little by little. I had a last minute change of blouse because the one I originally chose didn't work out so good when I practice feed baby. Baby also had to omit the bow tie, it was too snug on his neck and I fear that he might end up crying once he gets irritated.



The ceremony wasn't that long and 2 other babies were also baptized together with Jariel. He's very behaved and didn't even cry when the priest poured water on his head and later on oil. Mommy and daddy were so so so proud!! After the ceremony we had some picture taking then off to the reception place. We changed venue from the buffet restaurant to the Korean BBQ Restaurant hubs' aunt suggested. The foods were great and it was definitely a feast! Too bad blogger mommy didn't have any chance to take pictures because I had to nurse baby right away after being seated there. I had to ask hubs to get foods for me, all I can do was to use my right hand with the chopsticks as baby and mommy were both eating the same time. After eating everybody went home and that concluded our Sunday.


Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
18 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Congrats to the proud parents and to Jariel. He is getting so big, and adorable.


  2. rainfield61 Says:

    Your princess must have brought you a lot of joy. And congrats on your going to have first.com.


  3. Pete Says:

    Congrats! Baby J looking handsome!


  4. Mummy Gwen Says:

    Congrats! Baby J looks so cute in his baptism outfit. I understand how you must've felt coz your family were unable to attend this special ceremony. Hope they will come and visit you soon. Take care ganda.


  5. Anya Says:

    Congratulations :-)
    He is so cute
    and he is growing so fast !!!!
    Enjoy ...


  6. cheketeng Says:

    It's okay Bes... we'll catch up on his first birthday. Can't wait to see all of you next year. :D


  7. iamthewitch Says:

    Long time no see Ayie! Your Baby is getting big now! And cute!! :)


  8. Diane AZ Says:

    Baby J looked so handsome and parents so happy and proud on the special day. Congrats :)


  9. Carver Says:

    Congratulations on your beautiful son's baptism. Great shots. I'm sorry your family is too far away to be there. I know that must be hard.


  10. foongpc Says:

    Hey Jariel is chubby and cute! Haha! Wow! He's so well behaved didn't even cry? Whose trait he follows - you or your hubby? ; )


  11. [SK] Says:

    haha, happy or not happy, Baby J still looks very cute!! the baptism clothes makes him look like a mini chef though, hahaha :p


  12. glad your son's baptism went well and i know how you feel when family members are not around to celebrate this special occasion.


  13. suituapui Says:

    Congratulations. Showers of God's Blessings on both baby and parents all the days of your lives.


  14. mimi Says:

    you are right..if u stay in asean or somewhere near, your family is more than happy to attend this function. i also know how important the function is to you+hubb+jariel..and how you wished your families were there right..hmm..its ok..maybe someday they will come and visit you!cheers!


  15. Autumn Belle Says:

    Congratulations to you and hubby. What a happy family. Now baby has grown to be a handsome lad. Hey, Korean BBQ is popular here too.


  16. zakkalife Says:

    It sounds like it was a lovely baptism and you made the most of it with family being out of town. Your baby looks so cute in his special outfit!


  17. Mariuca Says:

    Oh I didn't know hubs is so much taller than you LOL! He's towering over u in the last pic he he!


  18. Mariuca Says:

    Baby looks adorable and chubby yay! And u too look great after giving birth Ayie!! :):):)


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page