Ayie
How do you prepare for special occasions? Let me see.... gifts? cards? maybe dine in fancy restaurant?

All these are really nice to give and do for such occasions but more importantly, sharing and celebrating it with your special someone. That's what I believe in. It makes a lot more meaningful and special when both share the same feelings.

Now, how I do it?



I still do it the traditional way! I'll start with the card, I got this days before and of course hid it somewhere. I like it when I find cards with exact words that I want to tell the person I'm giving it to. It's very convenient, I don't need to write that much! Lazy, yeah I guess. It will just depend if I'm having the "letter writing mood" or not. I'm not the type to say mushy stuff so this card does it all for me. No sweat!


What's next? Preparation.

I sneaked going to the grocery one time without him then looked for something I can prepare for dinner. Something I don't always cook and goof for a special occasion. I was so happy to find a good big chunck of beef chuck steak. That solves my dinner plans. He loves steak and even bought his special steak sauce doing our grocery one time. I didn't tell him anything about my plans for that day so he was clueless about it. I don't usually bake so I thought making brownies would make a good dessert.

Not mentioning anything about the dinner meal, he thought of making sandwiches for us. He told me about it few days before. That will be his sweet labor. I just said it's ok but I'm chuckling inside because it never came to him that I have something cooking already at the back of my head. He then shopped for his own ingredients but I had to prepare everything so that he can just make the sandwiches when he comes home from work.


I managed to finish all the cooking and baking by the time he's home. He has a little surprise of his own handing me these roses. He's not the type to give presents or flowers every now and then making this gift a lot more special.

Dinner time!!!


Here's the steak that I made garnished with some celery, sliced button mushrooms, onions and tomato topped with steak sauce. I only cooked 1 meat for both of us because it's really big. That aluminum pan's size the same as the placemat so just imagine.


Here's his special sandwich. He loves eating this sandwich since he was a kid. It's like a spanish version of bacon with veggies. Papa (his dad) who is a Latino introduced this tasty treat to him. It's very basic with crispy bacon strips, lettuce, tomato slices, onions, mayo, mustard and AVOCADO. Cheese is optional, he omitted it this time.


The brownies completed his meal. Haha, I'm too full to even have a bite. I hardly finished my steak, he was right to say that it's a very big meat. I had to set aside the fresh fruits, no more space to squeeze in. We're stuffed and we're good! We enjoyed our time together even just dining at home.

We'd love to go to the restaurant to celebrate but it's way too tiring heading out after a day's work. Perhaps this weekend will be another food feast... al fresco overlooking the bay!
Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
13 Responses
  1. wow Ayie! What a great class! I learned a lot here today!
    You are sooooo kind!Lovely surprise, certainly I will try it to glad my dear husband Cezar! but please, it is our secret okay! Maybe I will change the meat only for vegetables, in fact...I don't eat read meat! Cool post!
    Thanks my dear Ayie!
    Léia


  2. Ayie Says:

    Hi Leia! Dear, you're always fast! Glad that this inspires you to surprise your husband. Don't worry, I'm not telling him. =D

    How come you don't eat red meat? You can use white meat too. It's really up to your preference how you want your dish. Thanks so much Leia!

    That was just yesterday, I have many posts in line but I'm too excited to blog this one.


  3. betchai Says:

    wow, you're really good! from the card to the food, they really look great. I can tell you really are a good cook, which also knows how to present your food gourmet style.


  4. lina Says:

    Now, that's a nice surprise and sure looks good.

    Happy Anniversary to both of you. :)


  5. what a lip smacking meal.:)

    as they say, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.


  6. Ayie Says:

    Betchai, thanks so much...you really think I'm a good cook? =D

    The occasion is special so it calls for special food! It's all worth the work because he loved it and finished it even when he's overstuffed already!


  7. Ayie Says:

    Thanks Lina for the greeting and the compliments!


  8. Ayie Says:

    You got it right Life Ramblings, he felt so pleased with the meal. Thanks!


  9. Ayie Says:

    Girls, do you usually cook? hehe maybe you can share me some recipe. =P


  10. Monica Says:

    *drool* now I feel hungry :-D You're a great cook, Ayie!


  11. Ayie Says:

    Hi Monica! Hope you grabbed a steak too after I made you hungry. Thanks for the compliment dear!


  12. It looks great, you husband is spoiled, my husband is spoiled too, I am always cooking for him. However today, he is going to cook for me, so I wonder what type of box he is going to open, or what take out restaurant he is going to call.


  13. Ayie Says:

    My husband is very much spoiled, he's such a big baby! haha! He cooked for me once and it was really a dish but the ingredients, i rendered some help still. When it's a fastfood or restaurant meal, we go together and eat there instead.


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page