Ayie
...photos courtesy of nycgo.com...

My mind has been flying all over places since I wrote my post about our Hong Kong trip years ago. I've always wanted to travel same with my husband so we're excited to get started with our future travels. Thinking of places that we should visit here in US I have listed down the Big Apple, New York. How come? I can give few reasons why and I am sure those are good enough to consider this place for our travel. We love watching live shows, theaters and the likes so there's Broadway in NY. Shopping and dining completes my trips together with sight seeing, parks and museum visits. All in New York? Yup! But it's not all about just fun because i told my mom in time we will visit her bestfriend (a close family friend) there in NJ. Looking at all the reasons a trip to NY will be worth the cost.


...photos courtesy of nycgo.com...

Many might think NY is not for people who loves to embrace nature other than city life. I also thought at first this can't be my vacation place but as I checked on other possible activities and places to visit through their local info, I found out places to go like South Beach which is just more than an hour travel from Times Square where you can enjoy sun, sand and swim or ride the waves. Dining by the beach is great too so you can always hit up the boardwalk for a beachfront dining experience. For a more relaxing escape from the city, a side trip to the Wave Hill countryside will be the best option approximately an hour and twenty minutes travel. This place has lush greenery and bountiful blooms to excite your senses. Adventure seekers who are more inclined to trekking, bird watching and nature explorations can also enjoy this experience in Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge. All these things I learned about makes me more eager to fly there anytime possible.



...photos courtesy of The Latham Hotel...

Part of my travel that I never fail to check is hotel hunting. Budget is very important and I am not the type to throw all my money to such luxurious hotels. I love comfort but I'm not that picky either to choose luxury over practicality. Did you know that there are Hotels in New York City for less than $100? Sounds too good to be true? Well just check it out. Of course it's always easier to find higher priced hotels everywhere but why go there if there are places right there in Time Square NY for under $150 per night.

...photos courtesy of Days Inn, Hicksville LongIsland...

Most hotels provide packages with breakfast meals which is a must for us since we always eat breakfast and other free services like parking, wireless internet connection, coffee & tea are mostly covered. Going places won't be too hard from the hotels since it's usually strategically situated within the center of city's activities and events. Just make sure you choose the right one for your needs and itinerary to make the most of your time and money not being wasted on travels and transport services. Hehe I talk as if I'm really travelling to NY anytime soon, that's not likely to happen because hubs used up all his 2009 vacation when he went back to the Philippines. We'll have to wait til 2010 to have a fresh new start with his vacation leave. It also works better that way so we'll have the chance to save more for the trip. =)


...photos courtesy of Econo lodge, Macarthur Airport...


Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
25 Responses
  1. levian Says:

    wow, you had done your research n all set out to explore the place!
    the outdoor looks extremely attractive to me.
    there are just so much to see n do. :D


  2. lina Says:

    I can rely on you if we want to visit NY and find affordable hotels then. You did your homework well. ;)


  3. Sidney Says:

    I see you are ready to go...
    I love NY.


  4. fufu Says:

    yeah i have been to NYC and i love the city so much... wish to go back again and explore more =p


  5. Tekkaus Says:

    War...so you are going to NY? LOL :D The one thing that really standout among all the photos is the garden one. Very gorgeous. :)


  6. Tekkaus Says:

    I wish I could be there one day. LOL :D Hmm...I must save a lot a lot of money first.


  7. JIF Hub Says:

    I'd love to visit New York!


  8. JIF Hub Says:

    I agree with Tekkaus, I like the garden picture. It is very curious.


  9. Ayie Says:

    Levian,

    When it's me organizing or booking the trip, I usually study the place and activities around so no wasted time and all. Through that I also get to decided on the budget allotment.


  10. Ayie Says:

    Lina,

    It's better to know the places you want to visit just like how you check on your itinerary for Japan, right? When we go to Japan, you'll be the first one I'll ask for info too =)


  11. Ayie Says:

    Sidney,

    Are you from there or you just wandered through NY before already? The research is ready but not the budget yet =P Having baby on the go restricts us from spending with travels =)


  12. Ayie Says:

    Fufu,

    I am not surprised at all! Boy, you've been almost all over the globe! =)


  13. Ayie Says:

    Tekkaus,

    No no, not this soon but I am starting to scout places for travels so we'll know which is feasible for our budget and which will suit our vacation days better. I will see other options for now the first destination I thought of is NY. =)


  14. Ayie Says:

    Tekkaus,

    I forgot...the garden? That stole my attention too! I was like in awe when I saw it and read that it's not that far from the city. I always like to have some nature trip whenever I go for travels.


  15. Ayie Says:

    Jifdc,

    So you like the garden too? Better save for a NY trip then! =)


  16. how wonderful!A tourist perfect guide!Thanks for this great post dear Ayie, you gave fabulous hints about this adorable city!
    And your collages are beautiful!
    Léia


  17. Ayie Says:

    Leia,

    Did you cover NY in your US tour? If evr you are set to travel here you can check out this post for your guide =) Thanks dear Leia!


  18. Salitype Says:

    wow! you did a thorough research and lots consideration on going to a future holiday destination!well done you!

    i'll bear all this info in mind when i go visit the big apple...


  19. levian Says:

    you sounded like my sister while she is doing the planning!
    guess i had gotten too used to just tag along her. :p


  20. Ayie Says:

    Eng,

    I believe careful planning is the key to a well rounded budget for travels. Thanks! Hope this helps you in the future too in any case you are set to travel in NY!

    happy weekend!


  21. Ayie Says:

    Levian,

    I can be a tag along and a planner, depends on the situation =P


  22. Aligaga Says:

    Hayyyyy one place I want to see so bad !


  23. Ayie Says:

    chay,

    go book now and fly there =)


  24. ladyviral Says:

    Wow, even the lower priced hotels don't looks so bad at all... But wayhey! If I go to NY, I will find Ayie :P. Stay in Ayie's place can? hahaha


  25. Ayie Says:

    Ladyviral,

    Oh no dearie, I don't live in NY! I'm here within san francisco side


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page