Ayie
My previous post was about the swing day out with baby but that same day too the camera that I was using fell on concrete flooring and got damaged. It was when we were ready to leave the park and go to visit daddy at work nearby when I felt my camera bag snapped then heard the camera smash on the floor. I honestly didn't pay much attention because I was focused with baby, I simply gathered the batteries which were thrown away from the impact and the camera. The lens cover got broken and few days after I found out that the battery cover was damaged.

That camera was my birthday gift to myself and since I got another unit I told hubs I was giving that to him already. It's only been used for 4-5mos and now it has endured such damage. I filed a complaint to the camera case store where I got it and all that they can tell me:

!st reply:

"Thank you for contacting HDE. We have processed a replacement for this case.
As for the damaged camera, we cannot confirm the cause of the damage and
therefor we cannot cover the damages. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Thank You
HDE"

2nd reply upon telling them my piece (and it wasn't so good coz I am really furious with them):

"Thank you for contacting HDE. Unfortunately the best we can do is replace the item purchased from us.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.
Thank You
HDE"
 
These guys only want to make money but their product is of poor quality! The camera case is supposed to carry and protect the camera but with such flimsy construction, the strap snapped and there my camera on the floor! Unfair right? I have been carrying that camera even before I got their case and it was fine, I was careful with it but apparently it's not as safe as I thought it would be using their case. Sending me another case won't repair the damages of the camera. I told them only if there's a surveillance camera recording the event then I will do the trouble getting the clip to prove the camera got damaged due to their product malfunction. How can I do that if it's in an open park?  Even if there's keylogger stuff to spy on things and extract memory it can't be done with the camera.  Therefore there's nothing I can do, my loss because they won't takemy word for it.  Freaking people who just wants to make money and not be responsible if things go wrong!


Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
12 Responses
  1. lina Says:

    Oh, that sucks AYie! :(



  2. Tekkaus Says:

    Well...I am sorry to hear this. I will be equally infuriated too. :( What a shame. Like you said. They only cared about money.


  3. Carver Says:

    I'm sorry to hear about your camera. That would be very upsetting.


  4. Bengbeng Says:

    this is so frustrating, the official, formal reply from them


  5. It's not cool, so sorry!
    I hope you can find a way to keep taking pictures.Sometimes it's better to buy a new one instead of fix it.
    hugs and a nice weekend
    Léia


  6. [SK] Says:

    that is so unlucky of you.. but i guess the more complaints and fuss you made, the more they compromise and perhaps you can get a full replacement in the end?? :p


  7. Diane AZ Says:

    Oh dear, how frustrating. I hope you will have a working camera soon, somehow. :)


  8. Ouch. Sorry that your camera is damaged. I would be upset too if I have to get a new camera.


  9. Ayie Says:

    To all,

    I am still very much upset with that company and even if they just sent me the new case replacement, like I said it will never repair the damage of the cam.


  10. sorry to hear about your camera. it must be very frustrating.


  11. Mariuca Says:

    Oh no... sorry to hear this sweetie... so are u gonna go ahead and get the replacement case or are u too mad to even bother with them anymore? :(


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page