Ayie
SPA or Sanitas Per Aqua meaning health through water or healing through water. This was my thesis back in 5th year college. I am so fond of going to spa and that's my way of keeping my body healthy. I was never fond of vitamins before, only now I am taking supplements because I have to. At times I go with mom and dad but my best spa buddy is my bestfriend and I also drag hubs to go with me or us so he can also relax those aching tired muscles.


What about SPA? For centuries, man uses natural curative springs to improve his health and as years pass the use use of technology in health care enrich contemporary methods of treatment. Although technology was introduced, the bath medicine still has an important position among the standard means with aim of improving the quality of living. During previous two centuries the range of knowledge concerning beneficial effects of natural curative resources and their practical use evolved along with the development of science.


In early times baths were done to last for almost 10 hours a day or even more that led to further to painful cracking of the skin. Through this the germs were being washed away through the open skin. Later on, number of bathing hours had been reduced. People who went to bath during these years had different purposes: 1) for the curative effects, those who want to be in good if not perfect form 2) for those who want to strengthen their own immunity system and prevent acute outbursts of chronic ailment which restricts them both in working and attending social life 3) for those who want to reduce the consumption of drugs and prevent hospital treatment 4) for those who seek qualified preventive genetic and environmental diseases.


Since earlier times the bath includes the practice of using essential oils, pure aroma therapy oils, steam, seaweeds, sea salts, mud, algae, plant extracts & fresh milk help cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize skin. It replenishes the skin by removing dead skin cells and impurities. The body is toned by strengthening skin and thus enhancing its elasticity and vitality leaving it refreshed, calm, soft, refined and clear of toxins.



Massages and body therapies contribute to the intricate balance of physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of a person. As one flows effortlessly though this intangible atmosphere, the aroma of flowers and fruits drift in the breeze helping clear one's thoughts. As the self is loosen in relaxation, the senses are indulged with sweet rewards leaving behind the busy world.



As for body treatments, these relieve tension and give a heightened sense of wholeness of a person. These also stimulate better blood circulation that combats the effects of natural aging process and helps maintain a youthful and healthy appearance. The treatments also foster deep relaxation and wellness that vanish body aches and pains and release tension and therefore contribute to a total rejuvenated physical and mental health.



This is my spa introduction for my thesis about 7-8yrs ago back then in college. I thought sharing this will be a better read for everybody. I know it's quite long nevertheless very informative. Nowadays there are so many spa places all over the globe and different treatments are being offered too. Swim spa or swim spas are "in" these days featuring pools with different treatments. No personal masseuse there but the pool does it for you like water treadmill and aquatic therapy equipment. I kind of prefer the old traditional massage aside from a nice hot dip in the pool. There are some spas with pools where treatment is being done while you're in water like the Mandala Spa in Boracay. There are many kinds of treatments we can really choose from and different kinds of massages depending on your preference. One thing I can guarantee after having a spa treatment, you'll surely feel so fresh and new inside and out.
Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
37 Responses
  1. Anya Says:

    Interesting post today :-)
    It is the same spa water ..... LOL
    we can buy it in bottles !!!!
    I think you had a GOOOOOOD relaxing time there
    You need that :-)


  2. levian Says:

    aw, it is so cool to have a spa treatment every now n then just to loosen up those tight muscles. how was your holiday, ayie? did you get to rest well for the weekend? btw, happy 2010! :)


  3. Dora Says:

    Oh I can imagine how enjoy & relax having yourself in SPA! It's good to pamper yourself from time to time now...


  4. betchai Says:

    interesting post, Ayie.

    you look good and happy in the pictures ayie, just shows how happy and relaxed you were after spa.


  5. [SK] Says:

    hmmmm, i really have not thought of SPA being the abbreviation for Sanitas Per Aqua, i really thot it is one word by itself.. haha!! thanks for the information Ayie.. :p


  6. Tekkaus Says:

    War...pampering yourselves over there huh! :D


  7. foongpc Says:

    I love massages! Craving for one now!!


  8. foongpc Says:

    Ooh! Must go for the spa treatments if I ever go Boracay! Thanks for the info! : )


  9. Ayie Says:

    Anya,

    SPA water? Is it like a health water?


  10. Ayie Says:

    Levian,

    Happy 2010 to you too! Hubs has been a bit sick so we really didn't go out much coz I'm also preventing myself from catching colds or flu. The New Year was ok, we get to celebrate with some of his relatives for the countdown. Rested mostly and did some baby shopping.


  11. Ayie Says:

    Dora,

    It's important to relax and give ourselves some nice pampering too.


  12. Ayie Says:

    Betchai,

    I always enjoy the spa, makes me feel anew!


  13. Ayie Says:

    SK,

    I also got to know it when I was doing my thesis.


  14. Ayie Says:

    Tekkaus,

    It's good for the health, you must try it too.


  15. Ayie Says:

    Foong,

    I know you love having massage, I remember reading about it. That Mandala spa in Bora is one of the well-known and also you can have locals there who walk by the beach and ask if you want to have massage by the shore. Of course the locals are way cheaper but for a different spa experience you can try the pricey one.


  16. Diane AZ Says:

    Health through water sounds like a fascinating topic for a thesis. I've never been to a spa, but I can certainly understand why people like to go and the benefits.


  17. Carver Says:

    Very interesting post and great shots to go with it. Happy New Year to you and yours!


  18. Hi Ayie! i love spas and i'm a big fan of traditional massages. it's been a while since i last visited one. spas can be rather expensive here and not everyone can afford such pamperings regularly.


  19. hope you had a wonderful New Year. Happy 2010!


  20. iamthewitch Says:

    You know what? I didn't know SPA is short form for something else until I read your post! :P Really informative indeed. And I agree, a long bath and massage will definitely leave you feeling refreshed and renewed!


  21. Bengbeng Says:

    spa treatment is quite a luxury. as for me i often go for jacuzzi, sauna n steam bath but i dont consider it as spa treatment... jus relaxation :)


  22. I love going to the spa for a good massage. There are too many spas around and it's hard to pick a good one.


  23. Mummy Gwen Says:

    Ayie ganda, You know what..I never had a massage in my life!! I know what I'm missing now..haha.

    Thanks for the Christmas card wishes, ganda! :) All the best to you, dear.


  24. Cherry Says:

    happy new year, Ayie! have a blessed year ahead. :)


  25. Anonymous Says:

    I can't lay in the swimming pool, or hot tub, but no massage for me! I just get too tickle to enjoy..


  26. cheketeng Says:

    Awww... when are you coming home??? We need to go back to Wensha.


  27. Ayie Says:

    Diane,

    Never? I suggest you try, maybe you'll like it too.


  28. Ayie Says:

    Carver,

    Thank you! Happy new year!!


  29. Ayie Says:

    Ramblings,

    Welcome back and glad to have you here again! How was your new year's break?

    Thanks for your visit dear!

    I used to go to spa weekly or at least monthly before. I just love it.


  30. Ayie Says:

    Witch,

    SO are you heading off to the spa now? =P


  31. Ayie Says:

    Bengbeng,

    Jacuzzi and sauna's great too! The spa we always go to has those facilities even cold pool.


  32. Ayie Says:

    ECL,

    Maybe in time you can find the perfect spa for you there! Better bring me to one when I go there! lol


  33. Ayie Says:

    Mummy Sexy,

    You're welcome!

    Never? Hmm start with hubby giving you a massage so you can get used to it when you go to a spa. Haha but that should be the other way around right? hubby needs more relaxation since he keeps traveling back and forth =P


  34. Ayie Says:

    cher,

    happy new year to you too! thanks so much!


  35. Ayie Says:

    Icy,

    Too ticklish? you'll get used to it in time =D


  36. Ayie Says:

    Bes,

    2011, that's a must! We have to go back there, baby has to see everybody there too.


  37. Mariuca Says:

    Hi Ayie, a day at the spa sure sounds delightful. I'd feel rejuvenated for days! :)


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page