Ayie


I didn't know what to prepare for dinner yesterday until I remembered having leftovers to finish in the fridge. We had 2 suman or Filipino glutinous rice cake wrapped in banana leaves, a good big slice of garlic bread from a whole loaf and giniling or ground beef casserole cooked with carrots, peas, potatoes and raisins.



I always find ways how to serve leftovers like brand new foods, trying to be creative and innovative with my cooking. I remembered mom frying the suman when it's almost getting stale so I did too. The difference is that she rolls it with sugar after frying and I thought of wrapping it with bacon instead to make it more matching with the leftover bread dish.



Then for the garlic bread I just topped it with giniling and finished the remaining quick melt and mozzarella cheeses I had. Sprinkled some Ancho chili powder and Italian herbs and spices and toasted it. Easy, economical and tasty dinner for us.

Do you like "recycling" or reinventing dishes too from leftovers? Happy weekend!
Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
17 Responses
  1. ladyviral Says:

    Improvising on the foods I see... looks good.

    I somehow rather not take leftovers especially not since I move in with hubs. I don't know why T.T but maybe because we barely have any leftover if we cooked and when MIL cooks... it always goes to waste because it will spoiled even kept in the fridge. ....


  2. Tekkaus Says:

    I used to eat leftovers when my grandma was around. Perhaps she could prepare better leftover meals? :)


  3. wenn Says:

    oh, that's a great idea!


  4. betchai Says:

    you are very creative Ayie, am curious as to how the taste is like of suman with bacon since I am used to have it with sugar :)


  5. lina Says:

    using leftovers avoid food wastage. :)

    I'm hungry looking at your food photos!


  6. Zenserly Says:

    wow! i'd love to eat all of that with you now!


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Wow..Ayie..I'm drooling at 7:00 o'clock in the morning..


  8. oh chérie...it looks delicious!
    Great idea for the weekend brunch!
    Léia


  9. it's a good practice of eating leftovers. it prevents food wastage and save the planet at the same time.


  10. rainfield61 Says:

    Is leftover like an old friend?


  11. Merryn Says:

    It's almost midnite now and you are making me hungry :D


  12. Carver Says:

    Creating new dishes from left overs is a great way to keep the food interesting.


  13. Mummy Gwen Says:

    Looks delicious. You are creative and a great cook. I seldom have leftovers.


  14. Sidney Says:

    Looks yummy...you are a creative cook !


  15. Bengbeng Says:

    looks like i have lots to learn from u here. creative n resourceful


  16. suituapui Says:

    Gosh! Looks really yummy. Hmmmm...the glutinous rice wrapped with bacon? Ooooo...I love bacon - that must be super delicious. But bacon is VERY expensive here... Haven't had that for a long time - perhaps I should indulge a bit one of these days. Wink! Wink! LOL!!!


  17. levian Says:

    wow, you are so creative!
    i would usually just reheat them n not re-inventing something out of it.
    i'm absolutely impressed! :D


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page