Ayie
I've been trying to apply for new credit cards here and both banks where I have an account declined me. Why? Because they said I have no credit history! What can I do, I don't really use my old credit card too much and I prefer paying in cash or my debit card. To think the whole US before was very lenient in issuing credit cards even to students/teens and now so strict that you can't get started with acquiring a card.



Keep trying, that's what a friend told me who works in the bank who had the same deals with applying for cc. It just doesn't make sense, how can you start with your credit history if nobody wants to issue a card for you? Luckily one CC company sent me a form saying I qualify for a their credit card. That's great, I need not to try checking other banks or even open a secured credit card to get started (secured credit card is like a start-up credit card account but you have to open a savings acct for that) and soon after mailing the form the card was issued after 1-2wks. The credit limit is still low but it's fine. It's just important to have cc for emergency, you'll never know when the time calls for it.

How often do you use your cc? I know some people who are very very reliant on cc and in the long run they end up having to pay more than what they really got. How come? Because of the interest. We have to be careful with our finances or else we'll end up with high debt and will be noted with bad credit history. What to do when debt piles up and banks already start to ask for payments...pay up to repair credit even just the minimum and this will improve credit. Don't stall payments or else you'll end up paying higher interest. Although there are credit repair services available it is still much advisable to be fully responsible of your finances. Through this we'll learn how to manage more and just use what we have and not overdo with the spending. There are instances when we can benefit from using cc instead of paying cash like getting rewards, no interest minimum payments or even cash back. Bottomline is that we have to carefully think and decide wisely.
Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
28 Responses
  1. lina Says:

    I use my credit card all the time, if I can. But then, I monitor my spending down to the last cent so I don't overspend. They are great for points accumulation and discounts because some shops offer discounts for certain CC cards.


  2. lina Says:

    Yeay! I'm first! :)


  3. lina Says:

    That is one cute credit card Ayie!

    I myself like black coloured credit cards (for snob factor) LOL


  4. lina Says:

    I saw that your CC is a platinum card. Nice... can go off for shopping spree afterwards. :D


  5. Having some credit cards is necessary especially when there is insufficient cash in hand.


  6. btw, i love the cute cc Ayie.


  7. Tekkaus Says:

    Wow! Indeed very cute Ayie! Haha :D I don't use credit card either. :D


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Cute credit card design, but don't take it out too often..


  9. Mummy Gwen Says:

    The banks can't make money from me..hehe. I pay on time and rarely use my credit card. :P Your credit card is really cute. Nice design. :)


  10. Dear Ayie, I don't use my credit card often I prefer to pay with cash indeed.
    I didn't realise that it could be a kind of problem in some future...how knows!
    It's a crazy idea , isn't it?
    I totally agree with you!
    Léia


  11. Ayie Says:

    Lina,

    Yes you are so early there =)

    That's the only reason why I would want to use the CC, for the rewards that's worth keeping and earning and in case of emergency too. Other than that I use cash more often.


  12. Ayie Says:

    Just plain black card for you? I didn't like the same old cards, i settled for a cute design. i can even custom make it with personal photos =)

    and yes I'm going shopping too =P


  13. Ayie Says:

    Tekkaus,

    It's benefitial to have one at least for emergencies. Not all the time we have much cash with us right?


  14. Ayie Says:

    Ramblings,

    I like the design so much, at least i can't mistake it with my other cards. Once I see the color I know that's the cc! I agree with you, it's important to have most esp during such events.


  15. Ayie Says:

    Icy,

    Noted dear, I don't like using it much in fact I hardly do.


  16. Ayie Says:

    Mummy Sexy,

    That's how my mom and I use it too. That's the best way to use it, you get to save up for the payment within the timeframe and no interest =)


  17. Ayie Says:

    Leia,

    As back up it's good to carry it around but just like you, cash for me.


  18. levian Says:

    i had been planning for one for quite some time, just to have the convenience of booking plane tickets online. but i haven't taken much action yet. right now i only have one debit card, which i rarely use. so i guess it is cash for me like it is for you. :p


  19. ladyviral Says:

    Ladybug card!

    Now that is cute :P. I don't own a credit card or any debit card. So I can't have such stuffs :P.


  20. lina Says:

    Ayie,
    Well, I wouldn't want a silver classic card to use. Here, black card meant prestige as they're a notch higher than a gold card. LOL

    Need to be a snob sometimes as I do notice that retail staff treat you nicer if thy think you're loaded. :D


  21. [SK] Says:

    i think cc is now a necessity rather than something unnecassary.. many things would require you to have a cc.. but too bad, our government is going to get us pay 50 bucks for each card we own, this is so ridiculous!!


  22. Mariuca Says:

    He he he he....is this a BV one Ayie? I haven done mine yet and it's due today yowzaaaaa! ;)


  23. Mariuca Says:

    I love credit cards hehehehhe....somebody stop me from applying for another one LOL!


  24. Ayie Says:

    Levian,

    Booking online is a hassle if you don't have CC,though debit card can be used there are some perks using CC too.


  25. Ayie Says:

    LadyV,

    Just all cash? wow you must have so much dough on hand!


  26. Ayie Says:

    Lina,

    Ahhhh, I see. I think that's how it is in Asia...hehe same back home that's why i have the Visa Gold there. Here people are not really discriminative =P


  27. Ayie Says:

    SK,

    Yeah i read that news in most M'sian bloggers site. That sucks big time!


  28. Ayie Says:

    Marzie,

    Yup BV...trying to do some extra for my coming baby =) hehe better do yours =P

    I can see how much you love cc because I know you're such a shopaholic! lol


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page