Ayie
Each and every car we have back home has some fond memories for me to remember. It transported us through thick and thin safely to our desired destination though some accidents can't be avoided at times. Just like what happened to my sister when she was driving with mom, they were caught in a nasty accident and thank heavens they both came out safe and unharmed except for some scratches from the shattered window glass. Actually we never had any other big accidents like this even with our older cars. Looking at the damage at the driver's door you can tell the crosswind had a rough ride. It happened going home (if I'm not mistaken, sorry it was years ago) and not even too far anymore from a long drive. As sis was crossing a minor intersection there was a very fast truck which hit the left rear end and with the impact the crosswind swung incurring damage on the driver's side and the truck as well. My sis was shaken of course scared of what happened (feeling sorry too having the new car wrecked) but she was composed enough to snap photos of the incident. Even if she had her driver's license that time we still don't let her drive alone, mostly mom's with her. It was such a bad fate for our crosswind and it was later on brought to the shop for repair. I was at the office when the incident happened so i was just told about the details when my grandma called me up.



...sis & dad, hubs & elisse during our family trip using the same car...



...the big accident...



It was later restored to its almost original form but some mechanism got damaged with the crash impact. It still run pretty good but not as smooth and suave as how it was before the accident, I drove this car almost everyday. But during my recent conversation with mom she mentioned about canvassing new cars in Toyota & Honda looking for a replacement for the crosswind. Just like any other cars its value depreciates and will eventually need an upgrade. Perhaps I should be happy with the news, nevermind the old fond memories and think of the future! Hehe future ans in our future visit there back home and I can drive a new car! Back to road rage again! hehehehe! Just kidding, by that time "mommy" must drive more cautious and not be such a bad ass on the road. Definitely our baby will be with us on that trip home so cannot go crazy on the road.



I'm not sure if they have plans of selling this lancer which I loved to bring at most times. It's old and needs constant maintenance so I think they better have this sold and replace it. It served us for many years already. It would be nice to upgrade to volvo but I think suggesting it to them will make mom want to hit me on the head. She would always consider function over luxury so i can see her settling on more regular car brands and models.



Last but not the least is this vios. I guess they will keep since it's the latest of all and so far in good running condition and not being used as much as the other 2 cars. This car shared the biggest memory of my life because we used this as our bridal car. Yes I was there inside the car but you can't see me =P It matched our bridal motiff, matt gold so thanks to my grandma who lend this to us. She said that's part of her wedding gift but just car use and she didn't give the car to us. How I wish she did! hehe! I like honda cars better because of the spacious interior and they said it's not a gas guzzler. Is it true? Anyways here's honda URL for some reference.
Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
42 Responses
  1. lina Says:

    The vios would make a great wedding gift. Pity you had it to use only and not the ownership! LOL


  2. lina Says:

    I was first! Yeay! :)


  3. lina Says:

    that looked like a pretty bad acident, Ayie. Lucky nobody was hurt.


  4. wenn Says:

    nice wedding car..


  5. ladyviral Says:

    looks like lina going on FC streak haha.

    the accident looks bad, thank god no body was injured in it. cars really become us when it stays with us for too long.. the time it has sent with us and bringing us everywhere :). I dn't have a car... too poor to get one... so i resort to my reliable legs to bring me all about. of course not too far... :P.


  6. Anonymous Says:

    thats looks a nice car...good to know, no-one was hurt in the accident!


  7. Kelvin Says:

    yeah, its true, honda car is spacious^^


  8. Thanks God, nobody was hurt.


  9. I have a Honda CRV, and I love it!


  10. Well my car is a Honda, what could I say! I like it! :)
    Léia


  11. Mummy Gwen Says:

    Oh..that was quite a bad accident. Luckily, no one was hurt during the accident. Wow..your grandma drives a Vios? How cool..hehe.

    Our family car is a Honda. We love it. :)


  12. Tekkaus Says:

    Thank God no one was hurt. :(

    War...Vios car for your wedding? Pretty cool aye. :D


  13. levian Says:

    fortunately everyone was well. i have a vios at home too! what coincidence. :) from what i heard, toyotas require less maintenance compare to hondas, but i guess it still depends on which car we like more? ;)


  14. kanishk Says:

    good to know, no-one was hurt in the accident!


    Work from home India


  15. Anya Says:

    I am happy to read you are OKAY!!!!!
    The car is :(
    Nice family shots :)))))
    (@^.^@)


  16. Carver Says:

    That looked like a bad accident. Glad you weren't hurt.


  17. iamthewitch Says:

    Gosh, the 4WD/MPV was pretty badly damaged eh? Thank God you're all fine. Probably time to change it since the mechanism is not working so well anymore ya...


  18. Bengbeng Says:

    the accident looks bad..luckily nothing worse happened


  19. Mariuca Says:

    Ayie!! Morning sweetie! :)


  20. Mariuca Says:

    Baby Elisse in da house! Love those chubby cheeks and baby smooth complexion! :)


  21. Anonymous Says:

    Gosh! That accident was bad!!!....Ooooo...I love Elisse! So chubby and cute - like me! Hehehehehe!!!


  22. foongpc Says:

    The accident looks really bad. Luckily no one was hurt!


  23. foongpc Says:

    Nice Vios wedding car! I want a Ferrari : )


  24. Ayie Says:

    Lina,

    Yup first! yey!

    The collision was bad, I'm happy sis and mom were fine.

    About the vios it's ok even if we weren't given that as a gift... I can still borrow it anytime I need to anyway =P


  25. Ayie Says:

    Wenn,

    love the colors!


  26. Ayie Says:

    LadyV,

    I only get to borrow those from parents and also resort to my power legs to move me to places! hahaha!


  27. Ayie Says:

    Flyingstars,

    Thanks, it's great nobody got injured.


  28. Ayie Says:

    Kelvin,

    It is, no arguing about that.


  29. Ayie Says:

    Sabah,

    Yeah, thanks!


  30. Ayie Says:

    Icy,

    I like honda CRV too!


  31. Ayie Says:

    Leia,

    Honda has a nice interior and body!


  32. Ayie Says:

    Mummy Sexy,

    She never drove that, we were the drivers and her late husband was the one who drove the vios.

    The accident was really bad but we're very fortunate nothing bad happened to the family members.

    Looks like everybody here loves honda!


  33. Ayie Says:

    Tekkaus,

    You like vios?


  34. Ayie Says:

    Levian,

    I believe both cars are pretty efficient!


  35. Ayie Says:

    kanishk,

    that's a blessing for us


  36. Ayie Says:

    Anya,

    It was my sis who was there when the accident happened but it's really good they came out without scratch!


  37. Ayie Says:

    Carver,

    I wasn't there, we're all lucky nobody was injured.


  38. Ayie Says:

    Witch,

    It sustained damage with the impact so it's better to upgrade. Thanks!


  39. Ayie Says:

    Bengbeng,

    It was terrible!


  40. Ayie Says:

    Marzie,

    I love Elisse's pose there. She's so happy as we're going to the beach!


  41. Ayie Says:

    Situapui,

    Everybody gets hooked with her chubby cheeks! lol


  42. Ayie Says:

    Foong,

    Ferrari? Just make sure you won't use that to run away from your bride!


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page