Ayie
Have you ever experienced your work files getting corrupted, hd failed with bad sector or computer simply went crazy that time you're trying to finish up works? I think this happened to me several times in the office and few times working at home bakc then. I just hate it when it's deadline for something and I'm being bugged by such problems.



One problem that I never fixed in my office unit before was the windows registry. All of a sudden I got some notice, probably a virus saying I need to repair registry and it will even lead me to a link to clean registry. Me being a clicker and sometimes ignoring things almost got lured going to the registry cleaner. It's not very advisable to just click away those pop ups, sometimes those cause more harm to the unit. I'm glad I didn't just click away or else I can hear my husband at the back of my head blaming me for always being curious and clicking everything.



I was still able to make use of the unit but it doesn't function the same anymore. No matter how much I tried running the xp registry cleaner, the problem's still there. I tried researching and downloading free registry cleaner to solve the problem and thank goodness it was efficient enough to fix a certain issue and let me work a little more normal again. Everyday was a scary day for me during the whole registry problem. All our major projects were there and I fear that one day it won't just start and there's nothing I can do. Not having the computer for a day is like not having to go to work. We still do some minor manual drafting but majority of works are digital and computer aided already.



But one thing that annoys me most lately, our dsl just won't load! Been having this connection problem for the past week. *sigh*

Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
28 Responses
  1. I can understand the frustration. It happened to me before.


  2. ladyviral Says:

    Sounds familiar :P

    Well, the DSL I mean. I have the same problem with my DSL ALL THE TIME! I jus tlove my ISP :P.

    I never click anything that popups out of a sudden or something I find peculiar.


  3. wenn Says:

    that's the problem..once pc down, we r down too..


  4. Mummy Gwen Says:

    This happens when your PC has too many stuff..hehe..too many apps and spams. :P Better backup your projects from time to time.

    You are very cute, ganda. Love the pic of you looking at the camera. :D


  5. Carver Says:

    That is so frustrating when computer issues crop up.


  6. rainfield61 Says:

    Once this happen, it is like the end of the world.


  7. Very interesting post and I liked so much your pictures!
    I'm so sad when my notebook doesn't work well!
    Léia


  8. levian Says:

    tell me about it! these problems with the hardware n software just never seemed to end. n it really does happen especially when you are finishing things up. mine happened a few times during assignment submissions. it was like a curse! (it is what we called it whenever we remembered it). :p


  9. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my tippy-toe photo of my baby grand.

    Babies are such fun!! Looks like your baby bump is growing. Blessings.


  10. [SK] Says:

    ooopss, registry is something we shall not try to touch, unless we know what we are doing.. and i always read pop-up messages, just for safe that i don't mess things up with their suggested response..


  11. Ice Says:

    Computer problems are always very frustrating. But I don't seem to have any lately (touch wood, touch wood).


  12. Tekkaus Says:

    It happened to me a lot especially during my uni years. Since then I have became smarter. *ahem* So everytime I have finish doing something I will back it up. ;)


  13. foongpc Says:

    Nowadays we are just too dependent on our computers right? Computer down, everything down!

    Maybe you should back up all your work like what Tekkaus suggested?


  14. Ayie Says:

    Willie,

    It's very frustrating right?


  15. Ayie Says:

    Ladyviral,

    Office unit can't be customized as how we use our unit at home so it's more prone to those peculiar spam and viruses. =)


  16. Ayie Says:

    Wenn,

    that's a great point! haha!


  17. Ayie Says:

    Mummy Sexy,

    haha thanks for the compliments! I back up my files, I have 2 hd there at work and another unit just for me forback up but when unfortunate crashes happen there's just no way to salvage files back. Also here at home we have our own (for me and hubs separate) external HD.


  18. Ayie Says:

    Carver,

    It drives me nuts =P


  19. Ayie Says:

    Rainfield,

    Now that we are too much with out PCs yes it looks like it!


  20. Ayie Says:

    Leia,

    It doesn't work that well? Better have it for check up then =)


  21. Ayie Says:

    Levian,

    Count printing problems with that! We experienced it during rush projects!


  22. Ayie Says:

    Jean,

    Thanks jean =)


  23. Ayie Says:

    SK,

    Yeah registry is something else so i leave the fixing with hubs.


  24. Ayie Says:

    Ai,

    that's so fortunate of you then! hehe


  25. Ayie Says:

    Tekkaus,

    That's why we have our own personal external HD to back up all files too =)


  26. Ayie Says:

    Foong,

    I have more control now that I am working at j=home because I havemy external HD set up with the unit. Unlike there in the office I just use it as it is. Some crashes happen at time. Now computers can really drive us crazy when things go wrong =P


  27. It happens to me yesterday with connection problem, and virus attack so I can relate to your frustration.


  28. Ayie Says:

    Icy,

    So were you able to clean it up now?


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page