Ayie
My grandmother used to buy so much gold jewelries and I remember those times she was taking me with her to Mr. Zamora, the man who makes and creates all those jewelries she buys. Grandma always tells me it's good to invest with gold jewelries and I can even pass it on to my kids in the future as an heirloom.

I know what she meant by that but my passion and attraction for yellow gold faded during my highschool years and so. Yellow gold is very appealing to snatchers and I have witnessed some snatching during my commuting days. A lady who was wearing a gold hoop earrings and it was pulled from her ears so fast, that was shocking considering it was raining and the tarp was covering the passenger from outside view. I guess those culprits can see through even the almost opaque tarp.


...just like what was snatched from me except the embossed name...

Another incident was when I was I college and I was wearing the gold bracelet with embossed ID of my name. A gift for my 18th birthday, and it was snatched from my arm so fast. It even left bruise on my arm, the snatcher had a hard time pulling my bracelet since it's thick. So I decided no more yellow gold for me and I started using white gold instead. It's not as flashy as yellow gold and almost the same value.

I understand what my grandma means whenever she says I have to invest for the future and gold is something that can last a lifetime. However I am not too keen anymore about jewelries and I'd rather get bullion. I think a gold bullion can be easily kept and deposited for investments than jewelries. So if I were to buy anything gold for investment, I'd prefer to buy bullion. I don't really mind whatever my grandma has to say about it because I had such experiences I wouldn't want my future kids to witness as well.

Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
9 Responses
  1. lina Says:

    With gold prices on the rise now, buying gold for investment is a good idea.


  2. Tekkaus Says:

    Agreed with Lina. The price of Gold keeps on soaring. So...having some gold as investment is a great idea. :)


  3. Jenn Says:

    it's rather risky to wear gold nowadays.


  4. wenn Says:

    ya..better don't wear gold.


  5. betchai Says:

    i don't wear gold :) but it must be good to have some buillon to invest


  6. fufu Says:

    you should have bought gold as the price now is high :) lol anyway i dont wear gold...because cant afford it ><


  7. Mariuca Says:

    I do love gold jewelry but def prefer white gold! yeah! :)


  8. Mariuca Says:

    Oooh I once bought a perfume Jivago I think, with 24-k gold dust inside wow! Felt so precious to use he he! :)


  9. Mariuca Says:

    Happy Halloween to you! What is baby going as this first Halloween?? :)


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page