Ayie
I was trying to look for a certain photo that i want to post but I saw this one which is very memorable for me. I personally made these invitations, the design, concept....all from raw materials put together with hours and days of labor. It's worth all the hard work. everybody loved it. I had some hand with my bestfriend who came over one night to our place and we just worked together. Being so meticulous with my personal stuffs, nobody really insisted help in our family. Of course it could've been faster with some help but there's no room for mistakes. It's not the first time I designed and made wedding invitations, I gave it as a gift to my mom&dad and grandma&grandpa's renewal of vows and worked on some. I just don't have pictures of those. Hopefully when I go back home, I'll get to document those as well.

It wasn't easy doing the invites by myself and it wasn't hard because I enjoy this kind of craft. After work I rush home and travel about 2hrs then start working once I reach home. I'll get all my materials and bring it to my parents' bedroom and assemble everything there. Knowing I have to do it and nobody else can, I was able to finish everything with a smile and a little "burn" souvenir on my leg. As I was putting everything together, the melted glue stick dropped somewhere. I panicked because I didn't want to mess my parents' wood parquet flooring. I tried looking for the glue but couldn't find it anywhere but my leg! It was painful when I took it out of my skin because it also took out a chunk of it. I didn't feel it right away because the temperature made my skin numb enough for me not to feel anything. I got a good scolding from my bestfriend. She said I wasn't too careful. Who wants to burn her own skin just a few months before the wedding? I understand her though, she felt bad that the scar would show like a spot on my fair skinned leg.

My design concept was simple & elegant using native materials. What do you think?
Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
10 Responses
  1. Delilah Says:

    Wow! Very cool invitations! Great work! :)


  2. Ayie Says:

    Hi Delilah! Thanks for visiting and for the compliments. I checked your site and saw your DIY invitations contest, I submitted this one! =D


  3. zakkalife Says:

    they look lovely, very delicate. I like how you used native materials too.


  4. Ayie Says:

    Thank you kawaii crafter! I'm happy that you like my work. I admire your creativity and it's nice to hear such good remarks from you.


  5. lina Says:

    Cool invitations.

    A handmade item is always much better than a store bought one.


  6. Ayie Says:

    Thank you Lina! I totally agree with what you said. Something with more personal touch gives a bigger meaning to things.


  7. Monica Says:

    Ayie!! come chop my new post here - http://turn-u-off.blogspot.com/2009/08/julys-top-ec-droppers.html


  8. Monica Says:

    WOW soooooo beautiful!!! I LOVE IT Ayie. u're so creative and talented sweetie ;)


  9. Ayie Says:

    Hi MOn! Wow, I'm so surprised for your immediate visit here =)

    Thanks so much for your sweet compliments!!


  10. Ayie Says:

    Ooops, don't get it wrong Mon, I mean surprised coz I know you're catching up with your postings. It's my pleasure showing this to you =)


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page