Ayie


I was a little bored that day so I decided to check the mailbox and soak a bit under the sun. It's been so cold lately due to the frequent rain showers. Having my first spring here isn't bad at all. In fact, I'm enjoying it because most plants are in full bloom already. I get to play with our camera once I step out of the house. Seeing all the neighborhood's flowers is such a nice way of de-stressing for me. Always being in front of the computer doing all my works or doing house chores, really tiring at times. Nope, no maids here unlike there back home where I can always just do my works without worrying about chores.

As I was getting the mails, I got attracted by all those beautiful roses by the front lawn of the apartment complex. I was never into roses or any other flowers but I love seeing such lovely blooms. Everything was of different colors! I rushed back upstairs to get newspapers (the thorns are sooo big I can't just hold it) and scissors. Luckily nobody's around and I was able to get all the roses without shying away from people.

Finally I had something else to do!

It was a challenge arranging the flowers because we didn't have any regular vase. I made use of the display vase we have by the window. No choice but I was able to make it work. Doing this flower arrangement made me miss my dad. Every all souls day, we'll make a flower bouquet or basket to bring to the tombs of my grandparents. My dad's very good with that, so talented in arts and crafts. It was fun, I got pricked several times but it's worth the work. My husband didn't notice it right away but his sister (who came to stay a bit for a visit) did. She said it's lovely. I admit, seeing all the roses arranged in the vase made me appreciate it's beauty. The colors added more life to the house.

I like the light and bright colored roses, never liked red roses. I don't know why but I find it really heavy on my eyes. Which rose do you like most and how will you have it arranged if you were to do it?

Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
4 Responses
  1. Dear Ayie,
    Glad to know that you had a lovely day!Your flowers are so beautiful in your vase!
    Fantastic pictures!
    This story is full of good feelings and love!

    God bless you
    Léia

    "From the mind serene and calm, dynamic actions will sprout. The serenity is the home of creativity and the source of true peace."
    (Gyomay Kubose)


  2. Ayie Says:

    That's a very nice line. Creativity comes from within, very true. Thanks you for complimenting the flowers. I felt so much better after arranging the flowers, like self-fulfillment.


  3. those are so pretty. Beautiful flower arrangements will instantly add a sense of elegance and brighten up a room.


  4. Ayie Says:

    Thanks Life Ramblings! The flowers gave a bit of a feminine feel to the house. I have a more masculine taste with designs and colors, this truly brighten up the room.


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page