Ayie
I heard on the radio yesterday that Tina Fey just turned 40. I guess some things just get better with age, because I think she's hotter than ever! I also think she writes and stars in the funniest show on my Los Angeles area satellite tv, bar none: 30 Rock.



First off, the show's writing is very dense. I don't mean that it's written for dense people, but that it packs a lot into every interaction. Characters are constantly making clever asides and comments within the context of whatever they are saying. The remarks are generally hilarious, but a lot of it goes by so fast you don't even notice what was said until you replay it in your mind.

Second off, the cast is brilliant. Tina plays a harried network show producer. Alec Baldwin, her boss, delivers his cutting lines with perfect timing and glib sarcasm. Tracy Morgan plays a total nut bag actor who is inexplicably rich and famous. My favorite scenes are those involving his doctor/psychiatrist Dr. Spaceman, played by Chris Parnell, who appears rational on the surface but is as likely to recommend a lobotomy or a dose of speed as any legal medical technique. Last but by no means least is Kenneth Parcell, the "Radar"-type simpleton who always says what's on his mind, with no thought of the consequences. The overall result is priceless!

Big shout out to Joel Pearcy for the guest post
Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
12 Responses
  1. lina Says:

    I love 30 Rock but unable to watch it often.


  2. mimi Says:

    owh! my hubby loves to watch this but definitely not for me! hehe no offense! ;p


  3. Anonymous Says:

    I haven't heard of this show, but then again I don't watch TV that often.


  4. wenn Says:

    she looks great!


  5. Tekkaus Says:

    Haven't heard of it. But might check it out. :D


  6. betchai Says:

    oh, this is a great review Ayie, I enjoyed reading it.PS.....will answer your email a little bit later, sorry if I am not so quick in email :)


  7. Bonjour!
    First of all congratulations for the baptism of your beautiful son!All blessing for him and your family.
    Ann and thanks for this post, I don't know this TV show but it looks cool.
    hugs
    Léia


  8. Autumn Belle Says:

    I haven't seen this show before. Maybe I'm too outdated :(


  9. Mariuca Says:

    Hi Ayie, I am finally here, did u miss me? :)


  10. Mariuca Says:

    I have never watched a full episode of this show, just can't seem to catch my interest! Dunno....


  11. i guess i'm not alone here. i've not seen this show too.


  12. have a restful weekend with your family Ayie.


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page