Ayie
I've always looked up to my dad and been really close with him since I was a kid. I tend to copy and do things he does even his carpentry and car mechanic check-ups on weekends. I admire that crafty side and his artistic skills. He may be too damn strict but a dad's a dad, he makes the rules. =) The song below is specially dedicated to him, a song that always puts tears on my eyes whenever I hear it since I had this for him on my wedding day. We danced to this song as he handed me over to my husband. I miss dad. Even if we always had few exchange of words and conversations, we enjoyed and loved all those things that we do together. Often I would tag along with him because he likes it when his kid/s come with him when he goes to the relatives. I know he's crying inside all those times like the wedding and when they brought us to the airport on the day that I'll be leaving them. We're not mushy and sweet so no i love you and anything cheesy when we talk. Since it's a special day, I'll take the chance to express how I feel for my daddy....i love you dy!



...my dear daddy with our little cutie Elisse...


Butterfly Kisses

There's two things I know for sure:
She was sent here from heaven and she's
daddy's little girl.
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night
She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes and
I thank god for all the joy in my life
Oh, but most of all
For butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer;
sticking little white flowers all up in her
hair; "Walk beside the pony, Daddy, it's my first ride."
"I know the cake looks funny, Daddy, but I sure tried."
In all that I've done wrong I know I must
have done something right to deserve a hug
every morning and butterfly kisses at night.

Sweet 16 today
She's looking like her mama a little more everyday
One part woman, the other part girl.
To perfume and make-up from ribbons and curls
Trying her wings out in a great big world.

But I remember
Butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer; sticking
little white flowers all up in her hair.
"You know how much I love you, Daddy, But if you
don't mind I'm only gonna kiss you on the cheek this time."
With all that I've done wrong I must have done
something right to deserve her love every morning
and butterfly kisses at night.

All the precious time
Like the wind, the years go by.
Precious butterfly.
Spread your wings and fly.

She'll change her name today.
She'll make a promise and I'll give her away.
Standing in the bride-room just staring at her.
She asked me what I'm thinking and I said "I'm not
sure-I just feel like I'm losing my baby girl."
She leaned over...gave me butterfly kisses with her mama there,
Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair
"Walk my down the aisle, Daddy-it's just about time."
"Does my wedding gown look pretty, Daddy? Daddy, don't cry!"

Oh, with all that I've done wrong I must have
done something right.
To deserve your love every morning and butterfly
kisses-I couldn't ask God for more, man this is what love is.

I know I gotta let her go, but I'll always remember
every hug in the morning and butterfly kisses.




...papa-in-law with his little girl jacqui...

I thank papa for bringing my husband out in the world and raising him as a responsible and caring man. To all dads out there, Happy Father's Day!!
Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
33 Responses
  1. lina Says:

    Happy Father's Day to all Dads out there! Today is your special day. :)


  2. Fabulous tribute dear Ayie! So adorable pictures!
    Happy Father's Day to your dad and all dads there!
    Here in Brazil we celebrate this date in August.
    Be always happy and a great week to you!
    God bless you
    Léia


  3. Tekkaus Says:

    Aww....so sweet. Don't worry...as long as you are happy...you dad would be too. Visit him more often and try to cal him everyday. :D


  4. ladyviral Says:

    Happy Father's Day to all dads!

    Hope you all have a great day! ^-^


  5. so nice of you to remember ur dad and dedicated him a song. Will he read ur blog?


  6. what a wonderful tribute to your papa and papa in law Ayie.

    Father 's Day is a great time of year to celebrate how wonderful dad has been for all of these years.

    Happy Father's Day to all beloved dads!


  7. Good night and sweet dreams Ayie! :)


  8. levian Says:

    happy belated fathers day!
    aw, reading your post made me feel touched n slightly sadden.
    i remember the day my sister got married,
    we were all refraining ourselves from crying.
    even now, i still remember the exact feeling n struggles.
    you are such a sweet daughter. :)


  9. Ayie Says:

    Lina, happy father's day to your hubs too. =) Was there any special surprise for him?


  10. Ayie Says:

    Really Leia? August? Wow, only now I knew about that. Thanks for sharing. At first I thought of putting my photo with dad but after some thought, I had Elisse & dad instead since I found a cute photo of them. Thanks so much, God Bless!


  11. Ayie Says:

    Tekkaus, if I have the means to visit him and the rest of my family that often I will but US-Phil fare is quite a fortune =( but I did call him last Sunday there to greet him.

    Hehe I think only with the post I can be sweet like that coz in person I'm a confined type with them =D


  12. Ayie Says:

    Ladyviral, and all the best to your dad too!


  13. Ayie Says:

    Willie, happy father's day to you too. =)

    I hope he won't read this (he's also in vacation right now) coz I'll be shy if he does and I don't want him to be sad too. If they read this, they'll miss me more. Thanks


  14. Ayie Says:

    Hi Ramblings, good evening there! Happy Father's day to your beloved husband =)

    Goodnight and sweet dreams to you too =)


  15. Mummy Gwen Says:

    That's so sweet of you, ganda. That song makes me cry too..hehe.


  16. Ayie Says:

    Mummy Sexy, you like that song too? Hmmm, are you a daddy's girl?


  17. levian Says:

    i think you missed answering my comment. :p
    but anyway, now that you had mentioned,
    we would love to see a photograph of you n your dad too. :)


  18. What a sweet tribute to your Daddy and FIL!
    Wish all fathers a happy Father's Day!


  19. Ayie Says:

    Hi Levian, sorry about that. I did answer yesterday but I didn't notice it isn't posted. I could've missed pressing post =) stupid mistake sorry dear.

    Anyway, I said thanks. Weddings at most time turn out to be emotional and very few are fun-filled. Lots of mixed emotions and of course at some point you think you're losing a family member.


  20. Ayie Says:

    Levian about the photograph, I will...promise. =) Maybe when I get to post about the wedding, you'll see us there =)


  21. Ayie Says:

    Belated Father's Day greetings to your husband too ECL! Thanks so much!


  22. foongpc Says:

    Hi Ayie! Want to be FC on my blog? New post out anytime now!!! : )


  23. foongpc Says:

    Happy belated father's day! Oh! I like that song Butterfly Kisses! : )


  24. Ayie Says:

    haha foong, you're making me cheat! But i know when we usually get to exchange comments at this time you're working on your post so I'm tuned even earlier. =)

    My post is also gonna be out in an hr =)


  25. Ayie Says:

    You also like the song? It's nice right? Belated father's day greetings to your dad too Foong!


  26. foongpc Says:

    Well, I won't call it a cheat. Just a chance for you to get FC on my blog since you tried many times already : )

    Your new post ready in an hour? Oh, no! I'll be asleep already! Well, next time then. Haha! : )


  27. Ayie Says:

    Didn't I make it first on any of your previous? All I can remember sometimes we get to catch each other as you work on your post. =)

    Haha, then I'll post it for you now! =) I'm just doing few edits...


  28. levian Says:

    can't wait to see you in your wedding dress!
    you got me all excited anticipating for the post. :D
    sure thing, no worries on the miss-post. :)


  29. Ayie Says:

    Oh Levain, you're getting too hyped. I will my dear...just be a little more patient =)


  30. levian Says:

    at least there is a college photograph to restrain that eagerness for now. :D
    it is still the most fun knowing more about the blogger,
    compare to the rest of the topics.
    not to mention, most exciting too. ;)


  31. Ayie Says:

    I think Levian, most people still prefer reading more personal blogs...it gives more insight and depth to the blogger =) is that what you mean too?


  32. levian Says:

    yup, exactly.
    it is neat to know what others are thinking
    instead of just "reporting" stuff like everyone else.
    i guess it is the Depths that makes it so exciting? :D


  33. Ayie Says:

    I agree Levian. Not everybody though would expose their identities in fera of many thing. i admit, I was like that too but I realized that I have a great blog community and I think it's ok to do so.


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page