Ayie


...boat ride, nice view huh?...

Our first major fun activity the next day was island hopping. I was hesitant to join them since i came there for work but I was persuaded by my clients to join and have fun, so I did. It turned out to be a fun-filled day even if the weather wasn't perfectly sunny and there were partial rains (storm) here and there. There were 2 tourists with us and we managed to chat and enjoy the shore while waiting for our lunch. All our island meals like fishes were grilled fresh just right before our meals. No snaps for the foods, guess we're always starving by the time the food's ready. hehehe



...waiting for lunch...



...fun shots...

Nathz, my friend who also owns the resort (her parents) who happened to be a shutterbug like me had so much fun with her cam. She discovered some new settings and then played with random shots like 10s and 20s. Trying to pose every 3sec was not easy and we literally got tired with all the laughing and posing. I just chose few photos to post... to much to display all =) We decided to rest afterwards and bury Abet (Nathz' brother) and wait for lunch! Eating time again!



...playing with sand, bury abet!!!...



...girls having fun in the lagoon...

Our favorite part of the island hopping was when we went to the big and small lagoon. We were lucky enough that it was off season for beach escapades since it's the heart of stormy season in the Phils. The islands and lagoons we went to were all ours, a few tourist crossing our paths and that's all. We were captivated with the lagoons...just look at the photos and you can see how much fun we had. White sand, crystal clear water and nice sunny day! What more can we ask for! We also did explore with the kayaks. Don't be fooled with the lagoons, it might look so inviting at first but as you go deeper inside there's a big drop in depth. From clear white waters to bluish gray and aquamarine colors. Pretty scary and to think we weren't wearing life vest at some point as we toured the big lagoon. Nobody else was there so if the kayak flips us over...goodluck! ahahaha! The phot below with the girls, we just explored the small lagoon and didn't dare go to that eerie part where there's a big drop again. we were told there was a small shark there. To think it was out first time trying the kayak and all 3 of us. So we just wandered off the shallow part whre we can still see the ocean floor. =)



...our first ocean kayak adventure...

Kayaking was so much fun! Despite the scorching sun, we still enjoyed the ride. We got so brunt that day! Ouch! The tan line wasn't so pleasant at all! have you tried sea kayaking? Will you?

Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
34 Responses
  1. lina Says:

    Happy Monday Ayie!!! :)


  2. lina Says:

    How nice to be able to combine work and play. :)

    The shots are gorgeous. Make me wish I was there too.


  3. ladyviral Says:

    More beach fun! I missed the beach like what I told another blogger friend. Las tone I went was last year... and I love beaches! :D

    And it looks very much like you all had a great fun!


  4. betchai Says:

    beautiful pictures Ayie, makes me miss El Nido and Palawan, it is actually the place I want to bring my hubby next time we go visit Philippines. I did not get the chance to bring him there last time since I focused our little time in the Visayas region where most my family is.

    great you had fun. yes, been to kayaking, maybe, will try next summer, well, hopefully, as I am a tad scared and intimidated of the bigger waves here :(


  5. Tekkaus Says:

    Island hopping? This is something new to me. I have tried that before. Ha :D Wait...I did. But it was a long, long time ago. You guys sure know how to enjoy aye. :)


  6. Tekkaus Says:

    War...your friend owned the resort. That means you can visit there any time you want? Ha :D The unpredictable weather can sometimes make the trip more enjoyable right?


  7. Mummy Gwen Says:

    The water is so clear. NICE! Are you the one with the red bikini top, ganda? :P I've tried kayaking once, it was fun but tiring..hahaha. My hands ache after that..hehe.


  8. Tekkaus Says:

    Kayaking on the sea? I have never tried that either.I did kayak in rivers but not in the sea. War..this is surely an unforgetable trip! :D


  9. first of all, happy belated birthday to you, Ayie. I hope it's not too late to wish you dearie. I came to know from Monica's blog and hope you had a blast with hubby.


  10. [SK] Says:

    sandy beach and clear blue sea, i miss them so much.. have not been to nice beach for a long time :(


  11. believe it or not, I've never paddled a kayak before and i so wanna join you now. glad you had great fun.


  12. J.H Says:

    your life looks like really fun. I want!!! :-)


  13. foongpc Says:

    Wow! The place look so nice! Wish I'm there! : )


  14. Ayie Says:

    Lina,

    Monday here now =) happy Monday and tuesday to you!!!

    work and play was very fun! Enjoyed it a lot and you know what's best? All expense paid! ahahaha! Makes me consider more resort projects now =)

    Now you know places to visit in the Phils for your travel =) Will you do kayaking?


  15. Ayie Says:

    Ladyviral,

    Yes...funfunfun!! Tons of fun! When do you plan to go back for a beach escapade? I know it's rainy season but still fun to play in the beach =)


  16. Ayie Says:

    Betchai,

    visayas has many great beaches though i admit palawan has a different beauty. You and hubs will enjoy el nido, it's a very small town where you can just walk by the shore and the entire town. A week's vacation is ideal for island hopping and simply enjoying nature there. There's some trail also going up the mountain, that you will certainly go for! I'm getting excited for you =) hahaha! Kayaking was fun but tiring.


  17. Ayie Says:

    Tekkaus,

    Island hopping is fun...most esp in Phils coz we have many nearby islands there. Sea kayaking intimidated me at first but I dared try too. It was fun but very tiring. I didn't wander off too far...scared too! hahaha

    I went there to do ocular for the renovation. I designed cottages and other structures for them there. As much as I want to always go there, it's not that easy. Fare is so so expensive since it's a remote island. My accommodation might be free but I'll be broke with the fare =( Hubs and I and my family plan to go there when we come back =)


  18. Ayie Says:

    Mummy sexy,

    So you find kayaking fun too! Yes, it's indeed tiring and arm ached too afterwards. The place is very nice, you'll love the water! Just be careful with the sharp corals at some part.

    The red/pink bikini top? hehehe yeah...just look at the geeky one with specs +P


  19. Ayie Says:

    Ramblings,

    Thanks so much...it's the though that counts. I don't mind how late or early the greeting will be. thanks again =) BTW, when's your birthday so I can have it on file too =)

    I hope you can do some kayaking next time you visit a pool or beach resort. I bet you'll enjoy, you can also ride with hubby =)


  20. Ayie Says:

    SK,

    It's nice to hit up the beach from time to time... better get that beach body ready and plan some nice relaxing escapade =)


  21. Ayie Says:

    JH,

    Not that fun JH...I'm mostly home and just working too. I just see to it to enjoy when we get the chance to go out and have fun. You might be surprised that my regular days are plain boring =)

    How about you? Too cold for beaches there in britain? Did I remember your location right?


  22. Ayie Says:

    Foong,

    Now you can see more activities you can do there if you nail down your Phils vacation. Another thing you'll like, lots of food...seafoods!


  23. The colour of the water is awesome!Great pictures and post!Your family is always adorable!
    Thanks for sharing
    God bless you
    Léia


  24. Ayie Says:

    Leia,

    The water was really good, can't resist having a dip! Thanks for the compliments Leia! Those are my friends/clients. I went with them during their family trip =)


  25. levian Says:

    a belated birthday wish to you, ayie! :D
    my internet connection went down yesterday afternoon,
    i wasn't able to continue my blog hopping to drop you the message.
    you guys sure are having lotsa fun from the photographs posted.
    it was good that you took the chance to enjoy the island hoping even though you were working.
    the chance not left wasted. :D


  26. Superman Says:

    The place is so nice! Nice photos as well! The water is so clear and blue.


  27. i'm a December baby Ayie. with age catching up, it's actually nothing to shout about my birthday. :( but thanks for caring, i appreciate it.:)


  28. Ayie Says:

    Levian,

    Thanks! no worries, it's ok. I very much appreciate your greeting =)


  29. Ayie Says:

    Superman,

    Thanks for your compliments! The water is very very inviting indeed =)


  30. Ayie Says:

    Ramblings,

    got it, thanks. I love taking note of bdays most esp friends =)


  31. Bengbeng Says:

    it is so obvious. everybody's having fun :)


  32. Ayie Says:

    Bengbeng,

    The photos show it all right?


  33. Merryn Says:

    Fee weet! So many sexy posses! I love kayaking too ayie! I used to kayak until sun burn... now.. no more.. sigh..


  34. Ayie Says:

    Merryn,

    Wow, you love kayaking too?! It's really a lot of fun just tiring, right? Maybe when ethan gets older you can kayak together =)


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page