Ayie
I was talking to my former officemate who's now in Dubai working for an architecture and construction firm there. I know how she feels being far from her family and I understand her longing. As we talk she then mentioned good places to visit there that she's been to like luring me to go there for a visit. As much as I want to travel across the globe to see great places I can't right now due to commitments and my current condition too. Perhaps in time I can consider that place too.



I've heard a lot friends friends and other people about working in UAE. Different versions of their deals there, some positive and some negative. Well I really can't judge it by just hearing their views and experiences until I see it myself. Now that tourism has boomed there, it won't be difficult to find hotels in Dubai if ever a prolonged stay is intended. Aside from the local sights to see many also fly using Etihad to Abu Dhabi or Dubai to see the IRB Dubai World Rugby & 7's good for those sports enthusiasts =).




Sharjah on the other hand the 3rd largest of the 7 emirates that make up UAE was also well recommended to me. I was told that this could be a nice shopping haven for "shopaholics" having most modern shopping centers there. A place where tourists can enjoy a holiday in the sun strolling around lagoons, Arabian deserts and seas; exploring heritage sites, mosques and museums; and find good buys in the traditional markets. Having a place to stay there won't be a problem since Sharjah hotels are all over to suit the travellers' comfort.



photos: from internet sources
Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
25 Responses
  1. lina Says:

    I would love to spend a night at the Burj Al Arab. That would be a "heavenly' experience. :)


  2. Tekkaus Says:

    Me? No thanks. I love my hometown. But If I really will travel...Japan will be the 1st place. :D


  3. Very interesting idea there friend, I think I could visit Dubai for some days and it could be a great experience! This place looks so modern and charming!
    Léia


  4. Interesting information, and I have heard that Dubai is a beautiful place to visit!


  5. J.H Says:

    I think it definetely worth a try!


  6. foongpc Says:

    I would love to visit there! As a tourist and not to work there. But I think it's very expensive so have to think twice!


  7. Carver Says:

    Wonderful shots. Such beautiful places.


  8. Ayie Says:

    Lina,

    Maybe you can target this side of the globe for your next travel =)


  9. Ayie Says:

    Tekkaus,

    Japan's among my first also on the list but given the chance to visit other places, why not?


  10. Ayie Says:

    Leia,

    I think you and your husband and together with your kids will enjoy this. You love to travel so this can be perfect for you =)


  11. Ayie Says:

    Icy BC,

    So will you consider visiting there in time?


  12. Ayie Says:

    Jessica,

    I guess so.


  13. Ayie Says:

    Foong,

    Just that...expensive. That's why I enjoy the neighboring Asian countries when I was back home. It doesn't burn much hole in my pockets =P


  14. Ayie Says:

    Carver,

    the photos are very attractive =)


  15. levian Says:

    it sounded sorta like us here considering going to singapore. :)
    we sure had been listening n reading a lot about dubai.
    you had me wonder how it would feel like to work there too. :D


  16. Ayie Says:

    Levian,

    to work there? nah... just travel


  17. ladyviral Says:

    My sister is in Dubai with her husband... they keep asking me to go over. I would one day :). I would love to see all this sceneries.


  18. Bengbeng Says:

    Not to me. I dont like the heat. Give me somewhere cool. :)


  19. Ayie Says:

    LadyV,

    It will be nice since your sis is already there... you won't have a hard time getting around.


  20. Ayie Says:

    Bengbeng,

    It's not that hot there on winter season but it's definitely dry. Perhaps US or other snowing countries?


  21. I watched a TV special on the making of that sail shaped hotel, but never saw the rainbow windows before. It's really is a modern marvel of engineering and architecture and lavish taste and oil money combined :)


  22. levian Says:

    oh, if just visiting, why not? :D
    it will be such an eye-opener,
    even for the rest of us who share the trip through your photographs. :p


  23. Ayie Says:

    Sukhmandir,

    The one with the colorful lights looks so appealing!


  24. Ayie Says:

    Levian,

    I think a visit will be enjoyable for me and hubs since we like admiring nice structures =)


  25. [SK] Says:

    i've been to Dubai about 4 years ago, and i would say it's sure a nice place to visit.. with all those amazing structures they are constantly building, i am sure you'll be delighted to see all them..


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page