Ayie
Snip, Snip????


Sometime July we were asked to do some "house sitting" by my husband's office secretary. She's a nice lady and there's no way we can say no to her request. he and her husband will be out for 5-day vacation and all their kids will join them too. Having all of them complete made them feel like they can't afford to miss the chance to take that opportunity but 2 things that worry them are the full grown tomatoes and black cat! Somebody has to water the tomatoes or else it will all die, too bad if that happens since it has lots of fruits. Black cat on the other hand has to be fed morning and dinner. They can be away for 2 days leaving black cat some food but not 5days. That pet cat has been with them since their kids were small and to think they're all grown ups and have their own families! So just imagine their worries. We're actually pleased with the request feeling so much trusted and all. So one day before they left we went to her place to be instructed what to do. Simple things, just water the plants infront and by the patio, feed black cat and set the burglar alarm on and off. We were allowed to use the master's bedroom if we were to sleep there or even the other rooms, do our laundry there, bring family if we want, watch tv, cook, get food in fridge.... in short feel really at home.



We enjoyed the 5-day break from home, we needed that too. Now that our place isn't just ours alone having to shelter temporarily 4 other members of my husband's family. We also wish to have a quiet time at home, nobody there so this little house sitting gave us some peace of mind. Just us in a big house relaxing. We did did everyday after picking up hubs from work, we go straight there and I bring along all the necessary ingredients I needed for our dinner or any other meals. We had fun just watching movies, we even brought along our dvds. One thing that kept hubs so busy was the putting strip they have by the living room. He enjoyed playing his "mini, mini golf" there... something we can't do much at home anymore since everybody came. It was like playing for us pretending it's our home and we're just living the life we want. How we want to be, just free.


We spent quiet weekends there too and I even scheduled hubs to have his haircut. I brought along my tools so I can give him a trim but we felt too lazy and postponed it. See hubs' long hair there? By the time we're ready to get started we'll just notice the time it's almost getting dark and getting really cold outside so no more. We couldn't do it inside the house because I don't have complete salon uniforms and my only tools are scissors and fine comb. Which reminds me now to buy those things I need for our next hair cutting session =) Having this off my shoulders we just decided to use the jet tub to relax more. I brought with me some spa accessories, everything we need. Actually even if I didn't bring my stuffs everything's there already that you can think of you'll need in a spa except spa uniforms of course but we didn't want to use their things there. Though we were given the right to do whatever we want and use whatever we need there it's not us being abusive with anything. That relaxing soak was more than enough.



...dishes we enjoyed there with lots of fresh tomatoes we hand picked...

You might think we ate so junky there seeing corned beef, salisbury steak, sausages & pizza but the truth is it's the only time we had corned beef and salisbury since we've been really strict with our diet. It's not practical for me to cook so much there and do much dishes and all afterwards so these easy meals came handy. We just made sure we ate lots of veggies with it. The pizza was just plain thin crust pepperoni which I garnished with tomatoes, onion and garlic powder, some herbs & spices.

Now back to the title.... did you really get what I mean with snip, snip? =P

Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
68 Responses
  1. ~Elaine Tam~ Says:

    Wow, a very healthy food leh~ (at least from its look)...

    And No..i dont get it..what about the SNIP SNIP? hehehe!


  2. Hi Ayie,

    So nice of you. I hardly can find people to look after my house back here. It is good that you can spend quality time with your husband and watch DVD. hahaha...


  3. Tekkaus Says:

    Snip! Snip the tomato? LOL :D

    War...so you guys had the place all to yourself lar? Good. :P I'm sure you and your hubs enjoyed it right?

    Just look at him, playing the golf. :p


  4. Tekkaus Says:

    Yeah! The fact the they entrusted both of you to look after their house and cat really shows a lot right? :p


  5. Superman Says:

    Not so sure about the snip snip...but you two really had the quality time away from home nicely planned. Bet you and your hubs enjoyed every moment of it.
    sometimes it is really nice to get away from home where there is only the two of you. hope I do get time like this also. hehe.


  6. lina Says:

    wow! Plenty of fresh tomatoes to eat. Yumm!


  7. [SK] Says:

    sometimes it's really nice doing nothing and just relax at home, having a peace of mind.. i sometimes will do that, just take a 1-2 day break and just stay at home..

    wow, i love the sausages and the steak.. haha!! i told you, i am a meat lover.. :p


  8. oh that mini golf looks so funny!
    I'm always worried about leave little Luna here alone at home, I wish I could have some one very special and friendly like you and your husband to take care about Luna while we are travelling. It's much better than leave the pet at a kind of hotel or Vet.
    You have a beautiful heart dear Ayie!
    God bless you
    Léia


  9. rainfield61 Says:

    Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, and again, enjoy, to the maximum....
    Have a great day!!


  10. wenn Says:

    u mean snip yr hubby's hair?


  11. foongpc Says:

    Ayie! Long time didn't drop by here! Eh, now you write long posts - so many words! Want to compete with me, is it? Haha!

    Maybe if you don't mind, can you write in paragraphs? Cos after reading halfway, I lost where I was reading! LOL!

    Err... I still don't get it. Snip snip what? : )


  12. Ayie Says:

    Elaine,

    It's more or less healthy since we're watching our diets. Too much junk foods here..

    Snip, snip my husband's hair! hahaha


  13. Ayie Says:

    Willie,

    She's a good lady and I like how they looked after my husband all those years I wasn't here yet. He had a family in them (office) so that's something we can do for them. Thanks =)


  14. Ayie Says:

    Tekkaus,

    Yes I also snip snip the tomato plants and other dried leaves to make the plants look better and snip snip supposedly my husband's hair! just got lazy to do it =P

    It felt good being trusted that way =)


  15. Ayie Says:

    Superman,

    It was a free opportunity for us to be away for a while. Instead of taking it as a duty we took it as a little home getaway =)


  16. Ayie Says:

    Lina,

    really yum! sweet cherry tomatoes! even the big tomatoes were really good!


  17. Ayie Says:

    SK, I knew you'd eye on those! hehe


  18. Ayie Says:

    Leia,

    It's always better to leave your pets in care of someone you know than just a vet or pet hotel. More TLC =) thanks dear =)


  19. Ayie Says:

    Rainfield,

    that's what we're trying to do from now on...we have to get away from the daily stress...not also healthy for baby =)


  20. Ayie Says:

    wenn,

    yes you got it right! hehe


  21. Ayie Says:

    Foong,

    yeah you haven't visited me much! hmp! haha just kidding! I know you're too busy writing your very long posts! =)

    I'm still unwinding, writing helps release all my stress. Now that I'm feeling my baby move a lot more it makes me more conscious about destressing.

    In paragraphs? Errr...I made it in "long" paragraphs! hehe I think I was carried away last night since I was worried with hubs too not bring home yet and it's late already thinking he must be starving. I was taking my time here infront the computer =P

    snip, snip hubs' hair! hehe


  22. Mummy Gwen Says:

    Snip snip your Hubby's hair..hehe. I remember you told me before you are your Hub's personal hairstylist. ;) Wow...your Hubs' office secretary really trusted you guys huh..that's good both of you have some personal time together.


  23. Ayie Says:

    Mummy sexy,

    Yes yes, snip snip hubby's hair! just like you snip snip gwen's =)

    it's a great feeling being trusted that way... she was so happy that she said next time when they have to go on long vacay they know what to do! hahaha


  24. Mummy Gwen Says:

    Ayie ganda, Hehe...yup I'm still up. Watching VMA 2009(rerun) on MTV. Good night dear. :) Have a great day today at work. ;)


  25. Ayie Says:

    Mummy sexy,

    goodnight to you! don't forget the beauty rest =)


  26. levian Says:

    that is not junky!
    it include all the necessary nutrient already, especially with the tomatoes.
    they looked so fresh n delicious. :)


  27. Sounds like a fun get away!

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. May the Lord bless you and keep you and cause His face to shine upon you. Blessings.


  28. ladyviral Says:

    Waaa so this is the cat... looks pampered.

    Snip snip? cut grass (golf lor!) hahaha... :P

    You snipped cat hair ar? :).


  29. Donna Says:

    your cat has green eyes!
    haha


  30. Anya Says:

    You are so sweet for that cat
    You are the best ^__^


  31. Salitype Says:

    good to hear as much as you enjoy watering the tomatoes and feeding the cat, more importantly you spend those few days alone with each other...and now, that brings my attention to preparing lunch...ha!ha1ha!


  32. Mariuca Says:

    Hola Ayie!!! Como estas??


  33. Mariuca Says:

    So cute hubs enjoying his mini golf Ayie... Good to hear u guys got to enjoy some alone time together... and the food sure looks delish! Am hungry now!!


  34. Mariuca Says:

    Snip snip hubby's hair la of coz...right? I oso say snip snip to B when I remind him to get a haircut..."TIme to snip snip" LOL!!


  35. Bengbeng Says:

    oh at first i wasnt sure abt the snip snip thingy :) it would b great to have a break from routine like what u blogged abt in this post


  36. Ayie Says:

    Levian,

    those tomatoes were really fresh, we handpicked it the same day =)


  37. Ayie Says:

    Jean,

    thanks! it was fun =)


  38. Ayie Says:

    ladyV,

    snip snip hubs' hair supposedly but ended up snipping some dried leave of the plants =)


  39. Ayie Says:

    dolly,

    cute, agree?


  40. Ayie Says:

    Anya,

    from a pet lover like you...it's nice to hear that =)


  41. Monica Says:

    Hello Ayie! I'm here sweetie ;) wow I'm glad you guys had a great time there!


  42. Monica Says:

    I love sweet cherry tomatoes! Yummy! Just looking at those makes me hungry again :-P


  43. Ayie Says:

    Eng,

    what's cooking for lunch? =P


  44. Monica Says:

    yes! I get what you mean with snip, snip! :-D


  45. Ayie Says:

    Marzie,

    Hola!! Estoy Bien, gracias! e tu? me voy de compras hoy para relajarse =)


  46. Monica Says:

    enjoy your weekend Ayie! :*


  47. Ayie Says:

    Marzie,

    we enjoyed the time and also the yummy dishes!!! kinda missing that time off though... B still away?

    Yes, snip snip hubby's hair =) he prefers how i cut his hair since he tried it.

    have a great weekend!!


  48. Ayie Says:

    Bengbeng,

    we needed that break badly =P



  49. Ayie Says:

    How's your friday night? I did some friday shopping to de-stress. I took work lighter this time =) got some preggy shorts on sale! hahaha


  50. Ayie Says:

    We really had a great time there and those cherry tomatoes are the best!

    Enjoy your weekend too Mon! hugs!


  51. betchai Says:

    i am getting hungry ayie :)


  52. Sidney Says:

    Looks like a fun home sitting !
    In a way it is also a kind of vacation... :-)


  53. levian Says:

    my mum's gonna go so hyped seeing those tomatoes.
    she had been bragging about hers whenever it starts coming out.
    from "baby" till "fully grown". XD


  54. it's great that hubs is enjoying his mini golf, how cool! the food looks tantalizing Ayie. i'm drooling!


  55. J.H Says:

    I always wanted a cat, but never get around to it when I remember about where to put her when I get a week off somewhere. In fact normally I take 2-3 weeks of, my poor future cat :P


  56. It is good to have couple time once in a while when you are living with other family members. Gosh, I need a vacation too. :)


  57. Marie Says:

    Sounds like it was fun! The food certainly looked good -- now I'm hungry :-) And I love the kitty -- so pretty!


  58. Ayie Says:

    Betchai,

    me too =P


  59. Ayie Says:

    Sidney,

    The only tiring part was going there after work and staying til night time then going back home. We couldn't really stay overnight since there are people here at home but if not we could've really just stayed there the whole time. =)


  60. Ayie Says:

    Levian,

    Your mom grows tomatoes? Wow, then you must be so lucky always having it fresh there. =)


  61. Ayie Says:

    Ramblings,

    I also enjoyed the mini golf putting, it was a great way to just play and destress. Looking at the foods now make me crave =P


  62. Ayie Says:

    Jessica,

    It's hard to leave pets alone and you are off worrying about them instead of just being away. We also have so much pets back home so it's good we have maid or some relatives come over at home while we're away.


  63. Ayie Says:

    ECL,

    better have your much needed vacay!


  64. Ayie Says:

    Marie,

    The cat's really sweet and loves to be pet so much =)


  65. levian Says:

    yes she does.
    but it comes n goes with the mood, since she grew some others from time to time as well.
    after she retired, they got plenty of time to plant n read. :)


  66. lina Says:

    If only someone would offer me to house-sit for them... in Japan! LOL


  67. Ayie Says:

    Lina,

    I'll highly consider that kind of offer too! lol


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page