Ayie
Finally received a call from my brother's friend who went "balikbayan" (visited back home) and bro got the chance to meet up with him too and even handed him a package for me. I'm so excited to see what's in the package but we couldn't meet up last weekend due to an earlier compromise so it was all set this coming weekend. Yey!!! It's so nice of him to offer them a hand for the package that my family intended to send me and mom mentioned it's a little heavier this time. Just when i blogged about not being able to accomplish yet what we've been wanting to send them, here's another package from them! Remember that small parcel I got on my birthday?

Looks like this will be a pre-Christmas meeting already so I'm thinking of getting a present to give bro's friend but still undecided what to get. it's just hard to get gifts for guys, don't you agree? Maybe you can help me with some suggestions.... I still have til Friday to get the present. I can't get a hold of my bro so I couldn't check with him what I can possibly get and if I ask hubs he'll just tell me whatever I think is best! Another thing I have to check is our meet up place. Last time he handed my package for hubs they met somewhere nearer his location (yup he's that nice he really asked me to take the opportunity to send a package for hubs 2yrs ago), looking at the local search there's a nearby Filipino establishments nearer his place. Not the package alone excites me but dining again in our very own Jollibee, Goldilocks or red Ribbon. We're going local this time!!! I hope he wouldn't mind coz I'd love to eat our local fastfood items from any of those places. I'll definitely ditch my cooking for that day just to go fro my craving! (sorry doc, looks like I'll ditch the strict diet too that day)

I know most of you don't know about those places so some wiki for you guys....

  • Jollibee we grew up with this fastfood, most kids will learn the first word ja-b pertaining to jollibee. This franchise is like the Philippine counterpart for McDonald's and rare that you'll see any Jollibee establishment empty. No wonder it went all the way to US grounds and all other parts of the globe.









  • Red Ribbon Bakeshop I love this bakeshop because their cakes are not that sweet and very rich and creamy. You can't go wrong with their chocolate mousse, sansrival, palabok, cinnamon roll, mamon and other foods.





  • Goldilocks is way older than RR, their ever famous black forest is one of the best specialty cake there plus you get to enjoy some other yummy pastries and local Filipino dishes.



Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
29 Responses
  1. Haha...

    Any Christmas gift for me?

    Jollibee...Did you know that we have a restaurant called Jollibee? It wow... names can be the same in all over the world yeah? Hehe


  2. lina Says:

    Yumm!!!Everything sure looks tempting. :)


  3. Jean Says:

    hey i love fried popiah

    A smile from SJ =)


  4. ladyviral Says:

    looks like you are making me hungry instead of making me use my brain to help suggest... >.<;

    Everything looks so good! Well, get him something he likes I say... something he can't get at home or where he is.


  5. When I went to the Philippines, my friends brought me to Jollibee. I like their fried chicken and sphagetti. :)

    I brought lots of Red Ribbon cakes and cookies home to give as presents.

    I have not tried Goldilocks.


  6. Anonymous Says:

    After visiting your blog, I will have to look for something to eat! Those delicious foods make me so hungry.


  7. J.H Says:

    kids can play with "garbage" and immensly entertained by it for hours! Those toy shop definetely try to sell toys to the parents rather than kids :-)



  8. Mariuca Says:

    Red Ribbon Bake Shop looks delish! :)


  9. Mariuca Says:

    Yeah I agree, very difficult to get guys gifts tsk tsk tsk!!! Sometimes I really have no idea and will just resort to cash as a gift he he he! :)


  10. Mariuca Says:

    Wishing u a lovely Wednesday and enjoy the rest of your week, hugs! :)


  11. Ayie Says:

    Willie,

    Jollibee has franchises in most Asian countries even here in US. It's either a franchise or someone used the name if it happens not to be the same Jollibee. It's a Philippine fastfood which people grew up with.

    Gift? Ummm...will a xmas card do? hehehe shipping is a bit expensive for heavy gifts! give me your addy =P


  12. Ayie Says:

    Lina,

    I guess you can tell already why I am so excited and feel like craving for all these!


  13. Ayie Says:

    SJ,

    What is popiah?


  14. Ayie Says:

    LadyV,

    That confused me a bit more...no concrete suggestion? hehe


  15. Ayie Says:

    ECL,

    So you went to the Phils already? I love the spag and chicken! Yey! you know how I feel coz you tasted it already! Red Ribbon cakes are good. How I wish I knew you back then so i could've taken you around there in the Phils. I know many nice food places there =) & I'll even cook for you!


  16. Ayie Says:

    Icy,

    I felt so sorry for myself after finishing this post....it felt like I punished myself more after seeing all the yummy foods and can't eat it just yet.


  17. Ayie Says:

    JH,

    I agree...looks like your comment's sup[posed to be on the previous post =P


  18. Ayie Says:

    Mariuca,

    Hi Marzie!!! You might like it, delicious. =) ECL also liked the foods there!

    I tend to stay away from giving gift cards and cash coz if you sum it all up later on it's not saving you more than giving something else but it's just hard to think what to give. i better think fast!


  19. Sidney Says:

    What about a nice (T) shirt?

    So much food to choose from...


  20. Ayie Says:

    Sidney,

    I thought of it too but I honestly don't remember his size so i might end up getting the wrong fit for him. Thanks for the suggestion. Sidney you get to enjoy these foods there!


  21. levian Says:

    i have not heard of the places you mentioned at the second half of your post. i guess we are not lucky enough to have their franchise here for us to try out or get addicted to. but imagining having them is as addictive already! would love to try them out so much. :p


  22. Bengbeng Says:

    after seeing the pics hte fried noodles i am having now dont seem so yummy suddenly :)


  23. Ayie Says:

    Levian,

    SO never heard of it...you'll get to see it everywhere if you go visit Phils!


  24. Ayie Says:

    Bengbeng,

    You might actually like the palabok...it's not fried, it's blanched rice vermicelli


  25. levian Says:

    i should plan to visit the neighboring countries i have yet visited. it would be so cool to discover things different from ours. :)


  26. ladyviral Says:

    hahaha! Ooops.. didn't mean to confuse you more.

    You know I mean something he can't at home where he is (he is in Phillipines right?) or something that would mean to cost cheaper to get where you are at than Phillipines. :P.

    (it will be funny suddenly Ayie tells me "my hometown is not in phillipines" GASPS!


  27. Ayie Says:

    Levian,

    It's nice to travel when you are still single coz nothing to carry on too much! Just go for it!


  28. Ayie Says:

    LadyV,

    Bro's friend was nice enough to tour us around his area, showed us the Filipino groceries there and Filipino eating places. We settled in Gerry's grill and I will blog about it too. Me and hubs waited for him in Jollibee so we had a piece of my childhood fave!


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page