Ayie
Cooking is like therapy for me, it simply makes me feel good and relaxed. I have been experimenting and creating my own dishes lately and I can be proud to say hubs loves it all. I tend to cook dishes with veggies may it be pasta or meats, even with seafoods. We really want to keep a balanced diet as much as possible. This kind of eating will also influence baby in the future, he will learn how to eat veggies without much fuss if he's well exposed seeing us enjoying eating veggies.

...penne with herbed salami in herbed white sauce...

Italian cooking has a big influence in my cooking lately. I love to use wines for cooking my roasts and pastas which makes me consider getting jk adams wine rack accompanied by jk adams spice rack for my expanding spice varieties. I also better change my stove side rack which often hooks on my clothes when I'm going back and forth the kitchen. The jk adams pot rack can hold my pots and pans better without sliding by and getting hooked to my shirt. But even without these upgrades that I'm thinking of, it can't stop me from cooking anytime I wish to do so.

...chicken and asparagus casserole...

I can't wait to have a bigger kitchen where I can do more things without much space limitations. I plan to get baby involved with mommy in the kitchen as he grows up so he can have better interest with foods and nutrition. This will encourage him to appreciate other foods because he had his hands work on it. This is a better way of introducing foods to the kids, by letting them be involved in the process.

Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
9 Responses
  1. lina Says:

    those sure look yummy Ayie! :)


  2. Tekkaus Says:

    Your cooking skill is already very good. You don't need a bigger kitchen. :p


  3. Ice Says:

    cooking is fun and relaxing when one has time, isn't it? I remember when I used to work, came home at 6 and still have to cook. It was tiring.


  4. betchai Says:

    looks very yummy Ayie, I love cooking too, wish we can have a cooking party together :)


  5. Bengbeng Says:

    you will b surprised when baby grows up he may not like vege hahha no matter how good yr intentions :)


  6. suituapui Says:

    Me too. I love cooking so much...and the satisfaction when what one cooks turns out to be so very nice. Ahhhhh...!!! LOL!!! Your chicken looks really good.


  7. i bet both you and your son will make a great team in cooking. it would be so much fun.


  8. Mummy Gwen Says:

    Ayie ganda, you are a great cook. The food looks really yummy. How do you cook the casserole? Does it involves baking?


  9. ayie Says:

    mummy sexy,

    You can use any chicken part or even any meat you like, even fish like salmon... pan fry it skin down first with olive oil (any oil preference) and little butter for taste til it's crispy and cooked all the way through then saute some garlic and onions, deglaze with a little white wine and toss in any veggies you wish to put. Easy right? just season it with salt and pepper and any other herbs and spices, that will be just fine. One thing I did with the chicken to make it tender is that I brined it first with salt+sugar+water solution and just left it in the fridge for before I used it. Try it with salmon, no brining needed just plain seasoning and it will cook faster. The asparagus i used is canned that's why it's mushy but it;s great with fresh of course. No baking needed but it's an option


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page