Ayie
High school was fun and it's where I met my good friends who are still in touch with me up to now. That time also was my training towards my independence in the sense of being capable of doing things on my own and not always relying with mom or dad. Mom raised me to be somehow self-sufficient and resourceful and she always says that I will make use of the knowledge once I settle down. Guess what, mom knows best and I thank her for preparing me in such an early age.


...4th yr HS officers, front row wearing special gala uniform...
can you spot me here?

Back then my only routine was home-school-home. I sometimes take a detour to a mall just to cool off and let the rush hour pass before going home. The only days I get delayed going home were when we had choir practices, volleyball or other school activity related matters. My parents are very strict and aside from that my school's about 1-2hrs commute depending on traffic, my time's being eaten by travel already which can be really tiring.

It's not easy dealing with the commute those days. Whenever it's rainy season getting a ride home is more difficult and I actually experienced flooded days and getting stranded. Where I get my ride isn't a very safe place too most especially for my age at that time so I used to carry a pepper spray with me. My brother gave it so I can have some immediate protection if badly needed. But not all the time I was commuting, mom picks me up from school too whenever possible and she always comes to my aid even if storming when I get stranded. I cannot thank her enough for all those things she did for me, for always looking after my safety.
Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
10 Responses
  1. Tekkaus Says:

    Suddenly you made me miss my high school days. :D


  2. levian Says:

    that sounds intimidating.
    i was grateful that my house is only 5 minutes walk from school. :)


  3. lina Says:

    Were you the one sitting on the far left, Ayie? The cute one? ;)


  4. Mariuca Says:

    I loved my high school days Ayie and I seriously need to get a scanner so I can have my old pics up at my blog too lol! :D


  5. Mariuca Says:

    And still think fondly of my college days and uni days too ha ha, I wanna study again!! :D


  6. Mummy Gwen Says:

    Ayie ganda, are you the one sitting on the far left of first row?

    You were really cute. :P


  7. i absolutely miss my good old school days. i still keep in touch with some of them through Facebook.


  8. Ayie Says:

    Lina & Mummy sexy,

    yup, the one with long straight hair on the end left =P no glasses before coz I was not lazy putting on contacts


  9. Anonymous Says:

    Wow..you have picture of your high school? I don't even remember any of my friend and have no picture..This is wonderful to see.


  10. [SK] Says:

    hehehe, nice photo!! i love that, and you are the leftmost one in the first row?? :)


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page