Ayie


Thinking of buying new home furnishings? This is the best time to get your shopping started because it's the clearance sale season. Usually after holidays most stores will go all out sale to clear their last year's goods for a fresh new year supply. Me and my husband are in search for some new home additions but more of baby furnitures. But I can't help but to admire those nice living room sets, sofa collections and leather collections they have in the stores. In time I want to change our furnitures here at home too.



Here's how our living room back home looks, mom and dad ditched the traditional cushioned sofa sets and went for these solid wood sets. Aesthetically I like it but I still like the comfy cushioned seats. Oh well that's my parent's place so we can't really complain. =) Mom got tired of the cats clawings the leather sets so they thought having the wood can give them more ease of replacing those cushioned sets from time to time. Another thing dad fancies is a recliner. He loves to watch TV and take naps so I think that really will fit him good. I remember dad whenever I look at the reclining groups and living room groups of furnishings in the home area of the stores. Not only him, I also remember little Elisse because there are cute child recliners too! Only if shipping it from here won't cost me much then I could've bought those for them. I can picture out Elisse sitting there and not allowing anybody to sit there. She just loves to have her own throne!



Ooops.... I couldn't resist posting all photos with Elisse and dad. My bestfriend took these for me when she visited home (my family) last month. Thanks bes for the photos!



Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
18 Responses
  1. RNSANE Says:

    Elisse is a cutie...I can just see her in her own recliner.

    It seems like the new year is a time for making change....even in our furnishings! I have had the same furniture for twenty years. With my job loss, though, there'll be no changes in that department, though!


  2. rainfield61 Says:

    Making a change? It brings pain to my wallet.



  3. Superman Says:

    The wood craft table and chairs are really nice. Must be expensive as so unique.


  4. Anya Says:

    Sooooooooooo CUTE :-)

    Happy New Year
    or in Dutch we say
    Gelukkig Nieuwjaar :-)

    Kareltje =^.^=
    Anya :-)


  5. betchai Says:

    you are so right ayie, aesthetically, i love the wooden sofas too, but then, sometimes, i look at them as decor, since hard to sit for a long time :)


  6. Like you, I like cushion sofa, and chair! But I love the look of these wooden furniture too!

    Elise reminds me of the kids, always standing on table and chair like that, :-)


  7. levian Says:

    i have seen some wood sets furniture before n they looked pretty unique. most of the time i saw people placed them outside of the houses, for the family to gather after meal etc. it is so artistic. :)


  8. [SK] Says:

    wow, that set of furniture is really special.. was it carved from real woods, or it's purposely designed like that??


  9. Ayie Says:

    carmen,

    she is a cutiepie!! =)

    We're starting with small purchases, can't really do big changes yet because we are getting baby furnitures too. Oh so much things we need this new year =P


  10. Ayie Says:

    Rainfield,

    That's true, burns a hole in the pocket! haha!


  11. Ayie Says:

    Wenn,

    Isn't she adorable?


  12. Ayie Says:

    Superman,

    A little expensive but dad loves it so he doesn't mind =D

    Those are real hard wood carved or naturally formed in such a way.


  13. Ayie Says:

    Anya,

    Happy new year to you and kareltje!!


  14. Ayie Says:

    Betchai,

    That's our main complain about those hardwoords! We always loved the comfy cushioned sofas!


  15. Ayie Says:

    Icy,

    Oh that girl, good thing that table is really sturdy and so heavy it can carry her weight without worries. I wouldn't want her falling on our marble flooring!

    Those furnitures are nice but I still fancy nice cushions =P


  16. Ayie Says:

    Levian,

    We have some wooden sets for the porch and balcony but mom and dad simply couldn't get enough of it that they bought also for our living room.


  17. Ayie Says:

    SK,

    Some are carved to form but some are natural wood form.


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page