Ayie
After long hours of labor, finally the stork came by and delivered our little bundle of joy! =)



I had an induced labor due to my slow labor progress for an hour since my water bag broke. I was just about 1cm from 8:00pm and the doctors want better progress not to prolong my labor too much. This time we started (actually hubs did) calling and texting family from both sides and bestfriend of course to let them know about me giving birth soon. I was still handling the contraction pains so well up to this point and I was told that with the given medicine to induce my labor expect it to be really painful. It was around 10:00pm when I started feeling stronger contractions and before 11:00pm I asked to have the epidural already. The pain was something I never felt in my life and I think I could no longer hold without the anesthesia. Hubs told me he can tell how painful it was for me since his hands got blue from my grip! =P



I was checked after few hours and within 11:00pm after the epidural was given and I was about 4cm already, that's a very good progress and baby was really cooperating and working o hard to get out of mommy. They refer to him as "happy baby", a term they use when the baby is so active during labor. Around 3:00am and still no sleep my dilation was really going better at about 7-8cm. We then assumed that by 5:000am I will be completely 10cm and will soon be ready for baby to be pushed out. After the 5:30am check I was told I can start pushing already but the nurse suggested also that I can prepare myself for another 30mins before doing so. 6:00am and we started having practice push til 6:15am, if not for this I could've not done things right and easier. The nurse who was on duty during my whole labor time was really nice and caring. She guided me through and helped me a lot before calling in the doctors for the final pushing. It's about 30min of hard work for me and baby, 6:47 he's out!.


I had to do things right or else I will be putting baby's health in jeopardy. Baby was pretty tired already from all the hard work so it was mommy's turn to do it. Hubs was there with me all along helping me during the delivery. What did he do? Well he had to hold my leg and back up during the push. I really couldn't feel my legs due to the epidural even if the dosage was lowered prior to delivery. Despite the pains, it's all worth it. Seeing my baby and feeling him come out of me was totally a different feeling. Hubs had the pleasure of cutting his umbilical cord when he came out, I witnessed that part. Baby was soon given to me after he was cleaned, that was the first time I got to touch and cradle him. It's amazing!!

Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
14 Responses
  1. Tekkaus Says:

    Awww...what an experience huh! Hubs even got to cut off the umbilical cord? Awesome.


  2. Diane AZ Says:

    What a wonderful experience, great photos and video! Congratulations. :)


  3. Carver Says:

    There's nothing like bringing a new baby into the world. I still remember giving birth to my daughter 25 years ago as if it were yesterday.


  4. Mummy Gwen Says:

    Ayie, I have tears welling up my eyes when I see the video of you and baby. What a touching moment. He is a big baby ya.

    He is almost 2 months already right? Take care Mommy and Baby!


  5. rainfield61 Says:

    I had no and shall never have this experience...


  6. We love Luna Says:

    A fabulous and unique experience!
    God bless you family, much love for you all.
    ** thanks for your always gentle visits.I'm also busy nowadays here with my French classes.Of course you are much more busy with baby stuffs and so on. Enjoy this moment so perfect with your baby...blog stuffs can wait, you will have time later.
    hugs
    Léia and little LUna


  7. Bengbeng Says:

    I alsohad no and shall never have this experience.. hehe. take care mummy and baby


  8. lina Says:

    Us Moms forget about the pain immediately after we see our newborn. Right? :)

    I still remember reading your text message saying that you were 5 minutes away going into labour. :D


  9. [SK] Says:

    moms are always the greatest and bravest person when giving birth to their babies.. :)


  10. Anonymous Says:

    Ayie, you're a brave woman! I'm glad everything turned out well, and you and your baby are all right!


  11. I had a Caesaren birth as I didn't want to go through the many hours of labour. :P
    You're very brave.


  12. ladyviral Says:

    I am still so happy for you, Ayie.

    Wait I got to find something for little one! And get a box for it too >.<


  13. Pete Says:

    Epidural procedure makes recovery from delivery faster.


  14. Anya Says:

    Enjoy ..enjoy...
    Little baby's growing very fast
    Love your video :))))))


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page