Ayie

..arch of the century...

Back in college we had to bring many drafting materials such as T square, tubes, triangle sets, tech pens, scales and other big things. I always had some hard time carrying all because I'm small =P so whenever the school semester starts everybody crams to grab locker slots. It's limited so we had to take action right away once the notice is out. Just imagine if we didn't have school lockers that time, we had to carry all our things all the time and our rooms were mostly located on the 5th floor of the building. Some of my classmates even carry their own drawing boards and boy it's big! I never dared bringing one for me, I was pretty much okay with the drafting tables we had back then.


...corridor, waiting for next class...

We had to live that way for consecutive 5 years. Aside from all the materials we needed to bring we carried with us our big books...big and thick, I mean it! That history of Architecture book alone was equivalent to 3 1" books. At least our uniform that time was polo and brown slacks/jeans which made it very comfortable carrying so much things without caring much about how you look. I wore skirts at times we had light days of minor subjects, can't always be so boyish all the time =)


...view of field, grandstand & beato angelico building...

We also had PE all those years, imagine the chaos going to the gym from our building having it on the opposite end of the university complex. Not only we had to carry tools but also our uniform change. Oftentimes we would rush to the gym area to see if the wood lockers there were already occupied by other sections or courses and if we're unlucky to get there before them we'll try checking then on gym lockers. That experience was hard but fun at the same time. I really don't complain too much carrying things because I don't like others carrying my stuffs. Eating lunch or having breaks alone give us trouble with our things. We still had to go out of the building or university to grab our foods. There was a point when I didn't feel like going down anymore and just stayed in the room. Some classmates did the same too and we just asked others to buy our sandwiches in exchange we'll just watch over the things in the room.


...yes our lockers were big, can be a hiding place too! hehe....

There were times during 4th and 5th year when I badly wish they have lockers for sale or rent for a whole semester or even year term. I started with my Taekwondo class on the side every Saturdays before class in a gym across the university. The schedule tied up with my major drafting/drawing classes. PE before was more tolerable but my big gym bag with my tools were too much for me. Same thing during thesis time bringing those whole illustration boards, lots of rolled plans and tubes I can barely carry. Now that I look back I realize that it would have been very comfortable for me to just bring the car going to school. I can stash away all my things there but our parents were so strict about it. No cars in college yet =P


...path to main building...
Subscribe to Jif Photo Journal by Email
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
19 Responses
  1. Tekkaus Says:

    Am I the first one? :p


  2. Tekkaus Says:

    Yeah! thinking about college is really fun right? I miss my uni days too. But unlike you....I didn't have to carry all those drafting materials. Sometimes I can attend classes empty-handed. LOL :D Not good aye.


  3. Tekkaus Says:

    The locker is indeed very big. Who was it? Was it you? LOL :D


  4. Aligaga Says:

    Ayie, sa UST ba to ? It is so nice to revisit college memories ! I had a blast too in college !

    You guys are lucky, we don't have lockers in my school except in the gym !


  5. ladyviral Says:

    wow! what happened if playng hide n seek and the locker locks up? :P

    guess there is where bullies put their victims too haha.


  6. Salitype Says:

    ahhh! those were the days, the good ol' days! ust sure has space judging by how big one's locker was...lol!

    if UP has the oblation statue, UST has the arch...great symbols!

    eng


  7. lina Says:

    LOL at the photo of sitting in the locker. Reminded me of my days at boarding school. I used to hide in my locker just avoid prep session. I wasn't exactly an exemplary students those days. :D


  8. lina Says:

    if you bring your own drawing board to class, your classmates won't be able to see you, Ayie. You are small! ;)



  9. Mummy Gwen Says:

    Wow...the lockers are really big..haha. :P


  10. kanishk Says:

    Work from home India




    I didn't have to carry all those drafting materials.


  11. Ayie Says:

    tekkaus,

    that's not me! I wouldn't dare to =get in or they might lock me in! haha!

    you're lucky not having to bring any of those things we had to bring.


  12. Ayie Says:

    Chay,

    Yup, UST! that's my alma matter =P


  13. Ayie Says:

    LadyV,

    yes we avoid bullies when it comes to locker deals! haha


  14. Ayie Says:

    Eng,

    That arch and main building cross were the landmarks! Up's oblation is one of a kind! hehe


  15. Ayie Says:

    Lina,

    Not a good girl during school days huh, never thought!

    you are right, that's why i don't bring my drawing board. It's just a hassle plus I commute going to school....so far.


  16. Ayie Says:

    Icy,

    I love that school!


  17. Ayie Says:

    Mummy Sexy,

    biggie lockers for oversized drafting materials


  18. Ayie Says:

    kanishk,

    lucky you!


Post a Comment

Trailers of movies we have seen on the big screen!
More stuff to read!
Blogs of the Month
Posts of the Month
Total Visits:
Privacy Policy | Site Statistics | Blog Network | Advertise
Creative Commons License
This work by Jif Photo Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Top of Page Bottom of Page